When to visit AK?

Hi everybody! I’m visiting WDW in february and FP day is coming so I’m trying to finally decide on which day for each park.
I wanted to take advantage of the EMH at Animal Kingdom on Monday February 3rd, which are from 8am to 9am, but the crowd calendar predicts a 6/10 for that day. If I do decide to go on that day, I’m planning on arriving there around 7.15am to take fully advantage of them (will be visiting Pandora at rope drop, especially FOP as we want to ride it twice)
However, on other days of the week, such as Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, it predicts 4/10.
Am I better off visiting during the week because of the lower crowds? Or are the EMH worth it?
Thanks in advance!

Just a quick reply, I picked the morning of feb 6th ( rides ) and afternoon of the 7th ( sight seeing ) based on my whole trip of 2/2 to 2/8 after looking at all the crowd calendars.

1 Like

For FOP advantage, the morning extra magic hour will be a better experience, simply because it’s limited to onsite guests and the earlier it is the fewer people will be willing to get up for it. AK feels busy even on lower days so I’m usually inclined to say go for the lower crowd day, but for your plan I think you’re better with the higher crowd level but the morning magic hour.

1 Like

Another option may be to RD AK the morning of extra magic hour and then hop to a park with lower crowd levels. If you have a park hopper. We have done this numerous times to hit those headliner rides like FOP. Then spend the day maximizing our time with lower crowds.

2 Likes

Yes for sure. I assumed OP did not have a hopper as it was not mentioned. But that would absolutely be the ideal

1 Like

FYI – A common misconception about Touring Plans Crowd Levels is that they are an indicator of the number of people in each park. However, they are an indicator of average queue waits at the rides in that park.

A CL 1 can feel like a CL 4 in terms of park capacity, but the queues may be moving quickly. Conversely, you can be in a CL 9 park that feels like a CL 5 because the streets aren’t packed. However, all the queues are super long.

Disney, over the last couple years, has been keeping its queues running at about the same average wait time year round by cutting staffing levels during times when it was a historically slow / “off-season” time.

I’d go to EMH and get to the park at least 45 minutes - 1 hour early if you want to take full advantage of the low queues

1 Like

thanks to everyone for the replies!!!

1 Like