When to reasonably leave for RD?

Hi friends! Despite being a vet, as I get closer to my first solo trip, I’m increasingly worrying about the details!

I’m planning to be at RD at Epcot, MK and AK on various days. I’m staying at Pop. My crazy brain says that I should be at the bus stop an hour and a half before park opening. So, 7:30 most days, 6:30 when I’m taking advantage of AM EMH.

But the more I think about it, the less certain I am that I need to be at the bus stop quite that early. What do you folks think? Could I get to the bus stop at 8:00 for a 9:00 RD, or is that pushing my luck? It’d be nice to sleep in a bit (6:30 is sleeping in in my world!), but not at the expense of missing RD. Help is greatly appreciated!

We stayed at Pop and used the bus system, Erin. We just missed the Welcome Show (it was a 7 am EMH at MK) but had caught the bus at 6:40 so we figured we’d be late. We had good luck with the buses - waited no more than 20 minutes ever, and most parks were about a 20 minute bus ride from Pop. I think an hour ahead would give you enough time but that’s just my opinion. :smile:

1 Like

I have found an hour is plenty of time. Even if you just missed a bus you are on the next one by 7:20, parks 15-20 minutes later.

1 Like

I did an hour and a half before park opening in June for RD @theredhead and had a loooong wait at the turnstiles. Did I mention I was staying offsite??? You’ll be ok with an hour before!!

1 Like

See, this is why I hang out here. Thanks for the advice, all. I’ll be at the bus stop an hour before park openings!

I generally get to the bus stop about 65 mins before RD the bus usually comes within 5 to 10 mins at park in plenty of time. That is from PoP

1 Like

Thanks! Sounds like an hour (or just a bit more) will work out well.

1 Like