When to print TP?

Sorry I know this has been asked before but when should I print my TP’s? I’m 2 weeks out from my trip, is there any benefit to waiting until closer to it and optimizing/evaluating or should I just print them now?

I would probably wait until a few days before. But in all honesty, my printed ones are a backup that I keep in my room. When I use a TP to tour, I just pull it up on my phone.

Ok thanks, if you use your phone do you just do a screen shot?

Why print? Are you looking for a backup or do you not have a smart phone? Conditions can change in the park as you tour (attractions go down, Liners add wait times which can effect the models, a bunch of Brazilians decide to show up, you take longer than expected to munch on that dole whip, etc) such that re-optimizing every few-ish atractions isn’t a bad idea.

PS no screen shot. Use Lines

I print mine. When I’m with my family, I don’t like to look at my phone all the time. Plus, I like to keep my battery for frivolous things like posting Instagram pictures and bantering with people here. :smile:

I printed mine a few days before my trip. I folded each page in half and put each day’s into a 1/2-size sheet protector along with a park map and any notes of confirmation numbers, etc. It slipped easily into the side pocket of my purse and was waterproof in the rain. I know it’s old school, but I like having a back up copy in case of phone failure or spotty Internet access.

2 Likes

Print something. Our first day in WDW at MK at rope drop, Lines wouldnt work. Couldnt open it at all. I think we were through three rides before it was up. WIFI wasn’t always awesome too and plans wouldn’t load in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks! I think I will do both, I tend to prefer it on paper but I will probably check my phone and optimize every so often. I want to save the battery and also I’m Canadian so I’m not sure how much data I will have. My phone is also hard to see in bright sun!

Data mainly a non-issue when you’re connected to WIFI which- granted- can be spotty at times but is mostly pretty good in the parks and to a lesser extent the resorts.

Confucious say: “short pencil better than long memory.”

Put in modern terms, “low ink cartridge better than low battery or internet fail.”

2 Likes

I didn’t realize the parks had WiFi, good to know!

Haha. Although confusios didn’t know about Smart Phones and Trent chargers.

I evaluate and print a few days before our trips but 2 weeks out shouldn’t change much. When printing, I copy the print format to excel and format to fit each day on 1/2 page, then give everyone a copy. Kids like to go over them on the ride to the parks and adults are banned from excessive cell use except during break times and for taking pics. I found the internet too slow & spotty to update/optimize in parks.