When to pick a pearl in Japan?

We’re interested in picking a pearl in the Japan pavilion in Epcot. I’ve heard that the lines can get very long. Does anyone know if there are certain times of day to avoid?

1 Like

Following since I would like to do this with DD8, but not if there are huge lines!

1 Like

I would plan a minimum of 30 minutes if you are doing pick-a-pearl. Our experience in 2016, it was close to the 30 minute mark…it was busy!!!
We went again this year 2/23-3/3 2018 and we went to the Japan pavillion twice. The first visit we arrived at 1:00 and just looked around for about 20 minutes, it was not crowded at the pick-a-pearl counter, watched the drummers, had a violet lemonade slushy, and was out of WorldShowcae by 1:40. The second visit to Japan pavillion we arrived between 1:15-1:30 and caught the drummers again, went inside to do the pick-a-pearl. There was about three people ahead of us (we waited maybe 10 minutes)… sometimes it does look like a large crowd because people are just watching to see what is going on.
If you are concerned with the wait time just ask the cashier how many people are in front of you before you buy!
It is an awesome experience and they make such a fanfair with each individual.

1 Like

When I was there in late November (crowd level 5 at Epcot) it was pretty crowded around 7:15 pm. We had a lot of fun wandering around shopping while we waited so it didn’t feel like it took too long. I think we were done with the whole picking/cleaning/presenting show by 8.

2 Likes