When to get airfare to Orlando for Fall

When do feel is the best for holiday travel? Next trip might be over Easter.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using the Google flight search alerts. Will tell you if price is high or good for your travel. Also predicts when might go up or down. Worth looking at, I saved some money this year following that.

5 Likes

Peak holiday travel, domestic anyway, is usually at is best price a little earlier- around 4 to 5 months out.

I love using this. Itā€™s the easiest way to see all the available flights. And I find that they are accurate with the high low.

3 Likes

Hmm, I use Google Flights daily but Iā€™ve missed this feature, where is it?

1 Like

Alright Iā€™m trying to find it. When I search a random flight it tells me the price is typical and itā€™s on a range on what that flight could go for.

When I click on it, graph pops up to
Show last 60 days data for prices on the flight.

When I booked flights in January, I remember seeing something that said ā€œflight will increase around January 10ā€. Or something like that.

When I select my round trip flightsā€” it give me the option to track prices. Iā€™m wondering if that wording was in an email I got.

1 Like

Let us know if you see something like this again, because it would be awesome!

1 Like

It was great because I knew when to just buy the ticket! Iā€™ll keep looking!

1 Like

Ahh Okay I got it.

I also was using the app hopper! Itā€™s very detailed on dates when to buy or if you should wait when searching flights.
When you search flights thereā€™s a price prediction section. For example it says for a random flight I put in ā€œ price will vary for the next 4 months, getting as low as 141ā€. ā€œPrices will begin to rise after October 17ā€

I was using this for a last minute trip I was buying (about two months out) so the price was high. I only ended up waiting a week but my flight price did fall to a more acceptable for me price.

I never bought through that app, I always buy through the airline but it was a neat feature to help track possible changes.

3 Likes

Thanks! I installed Hopper on my phone and I see the Price Prediction sectionā€”that is cool!

Yes exactly! I thought it was a neat feature!

2 Likes

Thanks for tip! Got the app, I like it.

3 Likes

I remember this too I just cant remember details surrounding this. Maybe they donā€™t do this anymore.
Edit: I see you used hopper. But I think I used to use ita flight matrix software (by Google) and it would show this data. I donā€™t think it does anymore.

3 Likes

Great!

Curious how it works for everyone elseā€” I donā€™t know much about itā€” was just desperate to not pay $$$ on that flight I was booking!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had Hopper for several years. They send a lot of extra notifications (sign up for a chance to win hopper bucks! Other thingsā€¦ya know, freemium model) but their price tool is handy.
On Google Flights, you definitely can track the price of a specific flight (pick a departure/arrival) and specific flights. Once selected, there should be a button in the upper area that says ā€œtrack price.ā€ Then youā€™ll get emails every now and again or when the price significantly moves. Itā€™s pretty great.
The points guy had an article recently on how to utilize google flights that has a long tutorial article.

3 Likes

I use Kayak sometimes for the same purpose.

It just stinks that they donā€™t include budget airlines like SW or JB. Does Hopper?

4 Likes

My go to tool also. I just wish we could filter out specific airlines (permanently), especially the budget airlines since their prices arenā€™t real (need to bring a carry on, more $$$, want to actually sit with someone, more $$$). I just want to see the airlines that I am interested in.

2 Likes

Oh funny. For me, I donā€™t want the budget airlines (at least not Spirit, Jet Blue, Frontier, etcā€¦). The ones who lure you in with low prices and then anything you actually want costs more.

It would be nice to have SW included though.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if Iā€™ve seen any that actually includes Southwest WITH pricingā€¦

2 Likes