When to get airfare to Orlando for Fall

When do feel is the best for holiday travel? Next trip might be over Easter.

1 Like

I’ve been using the Google flight search alerts. Will tell you if price is high or good for your travel. Also predicts when might go up or down. Worth looking at, I saved some money this year following that.

5 Likes

Peak holiday travel, domestic anyway, is usually at is best price a little earlier- around 4 to 5 months out.

I love using this. It’s the easiest way to see all the available flights. And I find that they are accurate with the high low.

3 Likes

Hmm, I use Google Flights daily but I’ve missed this feature, where is it?

1 Like

Alright I’m trying to find it. When I search a random flight it tells me the price is typical and it’s on a range on what that flight could go for.

When I click on it, graph pops up to
Show last 60 days data for prices on the flight.

When I booked flights in January, I remember seeing something that said “flight will increase around January 10”. Or something like that.

When I select my round trip flights— it give me the option to track prices. I’m wondering if that wording was in an email I got.

1 Like

Let us know if you see something like this again, because it would be awesome!

1 Like

It was great because I knew when to just buy the ticket! I’ll keep looking!

1 Like

Ahh Okay I got it.

I also was using the app hopper! It’s very detailed on dates when to buy or if you should wait when searching flights.
When you search flights there’s a price prediction section. For example it says for a random flight I put in “ price will vary for the next 4 months, getting as low as 141”. “Prices will begin to rise after October 17”

I was using this for a last minute trip I was buying (about two months out) so the price was high. I only ended up waiting a week but my flight price did fall to a more acceptable for me price.

I never bought through that app, I always buy through the airline but it was a neat feature to help track possible changes.

3 Likes

Thanks! I installed Hopper on my phone and I see the Price Prediction section—that is cool!

Yes exactly! I thought it was a neat feature!

2 Likes

Thanks for tip! Got the app, I like it.

3 Likes

I remember this too I just cant remember details surrounding this. Maybe they don’t do this anymore.
Edit: I see you used hopper. But I think I used to use ita flight matrix software (by Google) and it would show this data. I don’t think it does anymore.

3 Likes

Great!

Curious how it works for everyone else— I don’t know much about it— was just desperate to not pay $$$ on that flight I was booking!

3 Likes

I’ve had Hopper for several years. They send a lot of extra notifications (sign up for a chance to win hopper bucks! Other things…ya know, freemium model) but their price tool is handy.
On Google Flights, you definitely can track the price of a specific flight (pick a departure/arrival) and specific flights. Once selected, there should be a button in the upper area that says “track price.” Then you’ll get emails every now and again or when the price significantly moves. It’s pretty great.
The points guy had an article recently on how to utilize google flights that has a long tutorial article.

3 Likes

I use Kayak sometimes for the same purpose.

It just stinks that they don’t include budget airlines like SW or JB. Does Hopper?

4 Likes

My go to tool also. I just wish we could filter out specific airlines (permanently), especially the budget airlines since their prices aren’t real (need to bring a carry on, more $$$, want to actually sit with someone, more $$$). I just want to see the airlines that I am interested in.

2 Likes

Oh funny. For me, I don’t want the budget airlines (at least not Spirit, Jet Blue, Frontier, etc…). The ones who lure you in with low prices and then anything you actually want costs more.

It would be nice to have SW included though.

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’ve seen any that actually includes Southwest WITH pricing…

2 Likes