When the book/TP forum advice conflict with Touring Plan generated, which do you follow?

My personalized touring plans conflict with what I am reading both in the book and on the site. For example, all advice for EP seems to prioritize Remy at RD. My touring plan says to get a BG for GOTG of course, then LL for Frozen, then go to TT at RD, a few other things, and then at 11 am go to Remy standby. Curious about what others do when the general advice conflicts with the generated plan. My experience has been that the TP has always worked for us, but the last trip was a very long time ago in “simpler” times and now I may have information overload perhaps?

1 Like

In my experience, the general advice found on this forum trumps the computerized plan. I always do a customized plan, optimize it, then shuffle things around to where I think they should go. Then I Evaluate to see how it looks. My DS and I actually had quite a few chuckles last summer when we hit “Optimize” because some things just did not make sense.

3 Likes

Thank you for time. This is solid advice!

1 Like

Human experts are better than an algorithm.

3 Likes

For Epcot, I think it would also depend on whether you have selected to start at Main Entrance or International Gateway when you created your plan. If you didn’t specify you wanted to start at the IG, I doubt your plan would recommend you do Remy at RD because the walk is just too long?

The plans aren’t working well with LLs.

1 Like

Thank you. I did indicate IG because we are hoping to take the skyliner over, however I haven’t been able to determine whether or not I can arrive in time for RD from Pop with the Skyline.

You definitely can be there for RD from Pop. You can be one of the first people to get on the Skyliner when it starts running, and you’ll be among the first people lined up at IG. :+1:

Thanks so much. I keep seeing that it starts running 1 hour before park opening, which I am reading as official opening which in my mind means I only have 30 minutes from when it starts running to get to the park and up to the rope which feels like not enough time. Am I misunderstanding the start times? How early before the Skyliner starts running on any given day would you say we should be in line? Side note: Love your username :blush:

1 Like

I left my room in the 80s at Pop at 6:45, and they started letting people on a little after 7.

To clarify: the days I used the Skyliner, HS had an 8:30am official opening, and Epcot had a 9am official opening. I was at the front of the pack for early entry for both parks.

Thanks so much. Our HS day has 8:30 official opening and Epcot is 9am as well. So you are saying the Skyliner started running about 90 minutes before official opening. I am thinking to leave my room earlier since it is Spring break and I see that HS has no more resort reservations available on our at a CL 9.

1 Like

They never tell the truth about start times for any transportation! It’s so annoying.

If you can be at the front of the early entry pack, particularly from IG, then doing Remy first is wise. If you’re middle or back of the pack, then I think going elsewhere is the smart move as the majority of the crowd is moving to Remy. In general I don’t think the Touring Plan presumes you’ll be at the front of the mob and thus guides you accordingly.

We made the mistake of doing early entry and hitting Remy from the main entrance and were well back in the pack. I think the line when we got off was shorter than what we waited. It was a bonus trip for us and we really just wanted to ride the new ride so it wasn’t the end of the world, but I also felt far less savvy than normal…

2 Likes

I was at Epcot Saturday. Epcot opening time for EE was 8:30. We were on the skyliner from Pop at 7:30 and let into Epcot before 8:00. We were able to ride Remy shortly after 8:00–well before EE started. We were then in line for FEA shorty after 8:30 with a 15 minute wait, took a bathroom break, and then hit Soarin, took a picture with a PhotoPass photographer on the way to Spaceship Earth, and got on SE at 9:42 according to the time stamp on my picture on my phone. We then hit Guardians just after 10:00 using the VQ.

2 Likes

We are headed there this morning and hope it goes as smoothly. The last two days AK ( drove and got there before the parking lot opened) and yesterday DHS, (Skyliner running just before 7am). ROTR broke down while we were on line and also was down when we arrived for EE however everything else went so well we were able to wait it out with our picnic breakfast and some crossword puzzles and rode it without missing a beat. Also used reservation finder and got Oga’s at 5:20! Thanks so much!

2 Likes