When is skipping a good FPP not the best choice?

I’m all about skipping queue lines, but it occurs to me that there are some queues at WDW that shouldn’t be skipped because they are so amazing.

I’ve only been to WDW once and it was a whirlwind. Using TP, I kicked butt and skipped the lines on a lot of attractions. But afterwards, I was kinda sad that I didn’t have time to look closely and enjoy the immersion factor that some of the queues present. Actually, I don’t even know what I missed because I went by so fast.

Now, I’m finally taking my family for their first time and we have much more time than I did on the first time. So the question is: What attractions queues would you regulars suggest we make time to enjoy, regardless of the short lines or FPPs we score?

1 Like

We always at least looked at the lines before using our FP. If it was really short for some reason, we did it standby first and then turned around and did it again with our FP. We did this 2-for-1 strategy for Star Tours and Pirates of the Caribbean. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haunted Mansion, Winnie the Pooh, space mountain, BTMR, SDMT have interactive queues.

3 Likes

Great list @luv4pluto! Any suggestions for the other parks?

Test track in Epcot- design your car while you wait and see how it performs during your “test ride”.

I like to slow down and take pictures, enjoy the talking droids in the Star Tours queue in HS.
I hear the Tower of Terror queue has great details and theming, although I don’t have the guts to experience it! Actually, you could wait in the queue and then take the chicken exit.
The Great Movie Ride shows old movie clips.

In AK the queue for It’s tough to be a bug takes you into the Tree of Life. Great family photo opportunities. Also great details and theming in KRR, EE queues.

That’s all I can think of right now!

I’ve heard that the 7dmt queue was cool, but I only rode it with fpp and riderswap and couldn’t bring myself to wait in such a long line.

I had a very similar question myself today and posted it in attractions! I will be reading through these responses! Thx

This seems like the place to ask, I will be riding ToT for the first time next month but I have a FP. Will I miss anything do a FP?

1 Like