When does DL open up more park reservations past mid-April?

I have a handle on WDW but am a total noob when it comes to DL. Work has me possibly within reach of DL (San Diego) next May… went to see what park pass availability was like and it only shows available days til April 9. I am wondering it it’s better to try to tack on a few days ahead of my work obligation or after…and I have heard it’s tough to get park reservations at DL. Is this something they open up week by week, monthly, more randomly?

2 Likes

Reservations are on a rolling 120 days, so each day another day gets added. Ticket holders can reserve at the 120 day mark, but so far it hasn’t been necessary to do it immediately. Magic Key holders can’t book until 90 days, and have their own bucket of reservations so they don’t end up taking all the days from ticket holders.

2 Likes

Ticket holder have a much easier time getting park reservations, so I wouldn’t sweat it. The hard to get reservations are the magic key holders and they have been very vocal, so that is why you are under the impression the reservations are unilaterally hard to get.

2 Likes

thanks so much! this is reassuring :slight_smile:

1 Like