When do you start packing?

Just out of curiosity

Haha. When I get home from my previous trip I throw the ponchos and othr vacation stuff into the suitcase. A few weeks beforehand I start collecting sunscreen, otc meds etc and then for real packing about a week out.

2 Likes

Itā€™s our first Disney trip and Iā€™ve been ā€œcollectingā€ stuff for our trip all year long. Lol

4 Likes

from the moment I book a trip :slight_smile:

• start my lists of trip specific
  • i have a general packing list that I reuse, that gets adjusted for various trips
  • usually, iā€™ll start accumulating things in a corner 6 weeks prior and start organizing , as I have time as the weeks go.
  • goal is to be packed a week prior and just minor things two days priorā€¦ I usually am flying out right after work or morning after work hence goals are to be done two-three days before take off :slight_smile:

My siblings howeverā€¦ one will be packed 1 day priorā€¦ one is packed 3 hours prior to the flightā€¦ :slight_smile:
I am the Type A one

2 Likes

I am a last minute packer. Thatā€™s probably why I am also an over packer. Iā€™ll be throwing everything I own into a suitcase the night before our flight.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to be packed this week (trip is in two weeks) but Iā€™m a minimalist when it comes to clothes (I hate clothes shopping) and I never own more than a weeks worth of clothes so Iā€™ll be packing my clothes the day before.

2 Likes

Yesterday :joy: (I fly on Saturday)

2 Likes

Hey I packed the night before my last trip, bit I was going solo then. Now its a family trip (and 16 days long) so Iā€™m freaked about forgetting things.

I have a ā€˜Disney Boxā€™ in the spare bedroom where the Disney essentials go whenever I finish a trip (leftover ponchos, misting fan, cooling towels, first aid bag and such) to keep it all in one convenient place. Usually 2 weeks before I start pulling out the packing cubes (especially if weā€™re off season - like for our February trip, weā€™re not using shorts, tshirts and bathing suits here now, so I can start getting those in the cubes). Weekend before I get packing cubes into suitcases and make my ā€˜day ofā€™ list (makeup, sound machine, ipads, wallet, etc) so I have a quick and easy way to not miss anything.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been packing the past week or soā€¦ We leave Saturday!
However DH will not start packing until Thursdayā€¦ because I will make him. Otherwise heā€™d probably do it the night before (and forget a bunch of things!)

1 Like

Last year we went for 10 days with our 4 kids and my parents. I started packing 3 weeks before we left. DH and I leave for an adults only 4 day trip in 15 days and I havenā€™t started packing yet but itā€™s so much less crap to pack Iā€™m not stressed about it. Last year for our trip I also purchased packing cubes and have left several of them packed so that makes it tons easier getting ready to leave for trips!

2 Likes

I like to start packing 3 weeks before, sometimes itā€™s only 2 weeks but rarely closer than that.

1 Like

I use a basic app called Clear Todos. It has my packing list that I use for every trip. There are some variances between trips (I.e. minnie ears & magic band only apply to Disney) but it has worked out well, as long as I reference it, I generally donā€™t forget anything. (I say reference, because I forgot to pack PJā€™s one trip, but sure enough I had not cleared out off my list)

1 Like

I keep some things set aside in a Disney box and my boys Disney shirts in a basket. I try to get the boys packed more than a week out. I plan out my outfits so I know what Iā€™m wearing each day well ahead of time and get things into packing cubes. Somehow Iā€™m always scrambling with the last minute items but thatā€™s down to how I get ready.

1 Like

Not until all my outfits are picked out ā€¦ :smile:

2 Likes

Need to order some clothes for my kids first! They all grew since the summer! Luckily great deal on kohlā€™s.com right now with some Disney shirts.

1 Like

I have 2 plastic containers in the closet for travel. One is for any trip. One is Disney specific with ponchos, cinch sacks, etc. Then, a couple of months before, I start a box of things as I buy them like an autograph book for the granddaughters and a baggie of many colors of markers, a roll of pennies, a baggie of quarters. About a month before, I start a stack of things that I wonā€™t need in the meantime, like a swimsuit, beach coverup, pool shoes. DH packs the night before leaving.

2 Likes

Lol Good call!

I started today and we leave on Monday. I am doing laundry and setting aside the clothes I donā€™t want them to wear this week.

1 Like

My local weather is below freezing now; I have my Disney suitcase packed with summer stuff for my April trip :slight_smile:

1 Like