When Do Christmas Decorations Go Up?

Hi there. We want to take a family trip to Disney World and are leaning towards the dates of November 10-16, 2019. I know Magic Kingdom will have all of their Christmas decorations up by then as the Christmas party will have already begun. What about the other parks? What about Disney Springs? We would love to go to Disney when the majority of Christmas decorations are up but while crowds are lower. I believe Epcot would be the last to put up their decorations. I don’t need to see the Candlelight Processional…it’s more just seeing the Christmas decorations. Thanks for any insight you may have :slight_smile:

I was there the week after that several years ago and as far as I could tell, all of the decorations were up in the parks, and the resorts were in the process. DS certainly had decorations, but I don’t know if it was “everything”. If you want to see all the decorations in the parks and resorts, you’ll have to go after Thanksgiving. The first two weeks in Dec are “historically” lower crowd times, but who knows these days. I’m going the second week in Dec this year.

2 Likes

I too am not sure all the decorations will be up by then. F&W goes till the 23rd so Epcot will not be done until that is over. I have had mixed results with the resorts. As @bswan26 says they will most like be in process.

1 Like

I went in 2017 the week of Nov. 5th and they had just transitioned to Christmas.

1 Like

I was at HS on 11/1/2017, and they had switched from Halloween to Christmas overnight. They filmed Christmas specials in the parks that first week of November.

2 Likes

Yep, and it was the most crowded I have ever seen MK in my life! :frowning:

1 Like

At EP, this year the Festival of Holiday starts the day after Thanksgiving, Nov. 29. That’s later than last year, when it started Nov. 18, Sunday before Thanksgiving. Like @galuchies_463555 said, F&W runs later this year. I agree, I wouldn’t expect much sign of decorations at EP for your dates.

1 Like

I wonder if Galaxy’s Edge will be decorated for Christmas? That would be weird.

They start going up first week in November, and last November they were filming the Christmas specials that week. We were in MK and that was fun! We did notice when we were at HS on Nov. 10 Woody had his scarf. During the Disney Channel special with Ruby Rose Turner (Disney Channel kid actor), they hosted at HS and Woody did not have his scarf yet. DD was so proud of herself for pointing that out. GF had almost finished their gingerbread house by then.