What's your favorite dessert using snack credit in every park?

My boys LOVE sweets. They are 4 and 7. I’ve done some research on how to maximize my Dining Plan Snack Credits (thank you Touringplans.com and Disney Food Blog!) We are on the Disney Dining Plan and I know it will be so fun each day to say- WHO WANTS ICE CREAM!? (or a Dole whip or a cupcake…) I’d like to maximize my snack credits for mid day treats.

What’s your favorite snack credit treat in each park AND where do you get it?

I am liking the hei hei cone at Aloha Isle. They will think that is so cool. And it looks like Dino-Bites at AK has a full a ice cream sundae or big ice cream sandwich as a snack credit.

2 Likes

My gluten-free child has requested a macaron ice cream sandwich at L’artisan des Glaces in Epcot. I’m looking forward to that one!

2 Likes

I’ve heard they have disappeared or are much harder to find, but I love the Darth Vader cupcake (chocolate and peanut butter) in HS.

1 Like

I am not big on Dole Whip, (please don’t kill me) but when they put it on that pineapple upside down cake…it becomes a beast! It is in the MK at “Aloha Isle.” It is an excellent use of a snack credit, and is so refreshing on a hot day!

5 Likes

Yes!! Good one. I plan to get that while my boys eat their hei hei cones. Here’s a pic of the hei hei for those that haven’t seen them.

3 Likes

TOUGH call.

MK – All of the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor (short of the ktichen sinks) are snack credit, so any of them are good. So I guess I’ll just look at the menu and go “yes.”

HS – Carrot Cake Cookie. (though i did learn about a Jack-Jack cookie num num today? I’m not sure that’s still a thing, but … wow.

AK – I don’t think anything is here? So I’ll go with with simply “dole whip float” or mickey pretzel (though not really desert but oh well)

EP – What festival are we in at the moment? Makes a heavy impact on the decision. Outside of that, uhhh I got nothin’.

1 Like

Flower & Garden! My husband and I plan to take full advantage of snack credits at EP. My boys will probably eat some form of chicken nugget and then want a really good treat with their snack credit. I assume the huge cotton candy flower thingys in China are not a snack credit… what would be a good place to stop and get them a treat in Epcot?

sorry, i meant that as “depends on what time” kinda question. For F&G: that new minnie cheese cake thing looked pretty amazing. My personal favorite would likely be the one donut from Taste-Track (hazlenut). But they didn’t offer it this year (sad panda).

For F&W: Isreal had some sorta donut thing, absolutely awesome. (oh hey, I think I found a theme lol)

I would definitely take a look at that festival app and see what’s on there.

1 Like

We liked the candy shop in Japan but they didn’t take snack credits. The other place in my radar was Artisan de Glaces in France. All single scoop cones are a snack credit.

1 Like

I understood. I just wanted your opinion on F&G since that’s what will be going on while we’re there. Your food opinion is important to me :wink:

1 Like

I could not agree more. I dream about the pineapple upside down cake Dole Whip!

2 Likes

If they like caramel, anything in Karamell Kuche is a delicious treat.

5 Likes

I´m looking forward to the Jack Jack Nom Nom Cookie and Key Lime Pie on a stick in HS

1 Like

I’m easy to please… Mickey Bar or Mickey ice cream sandwich. Both are great.

1 Like

One shareable dessert that was a great use of snack credits was the Cookies & Cream Funnel Cake at HS. They are at the Oasis Canteen. We shared between 3 people. Everyone in my group of 13 liked them.

That has my 7 year old written all over it.

Out of the parks, my favourite snack item is a full size tub of Haagen Daz ice cream. You can get them in the resort stores, certainly at any resort with DVC attached (since they have the villas with a full size freezer).

3 Likes

Sounds like our 7 yr olds would be friends!

1 Like

Ummmm :yum: just added that to my list

I LOVE the Hei Hei cone!! Just hoping it doesn’t disappear from the menu again before I go next month.

At AK, Kusafiri Cafe is really under-appreciated, and has an absolutely enormous cinnamon roll that is just delightful - and it’s $7.49, so an incredibly good use of a snack credit. The glazed nuts at AK are also a pretty good deal, but maybe not super appealing to a kid).

1 Like