What's your countdown? 6th July

Yeah, maybe it’s the combination of Tonga toast, bacon, strawberry sauce, and a press pot of Kona coffee that does it for me. I agree it probably is overhyped though!

I’m not that bothered about Dole whips for probably the same reason (I know - Disney Superfan fail!) - think I need to try one with coconut rum - that might change my mind.

3 Likes

I’m a fan of pretty much any kind of food, so I’m really looking forward to a buffet of interesting/unusual food. DW not nearly as adventurous an eater as me, but she will doubtless find plenty to eat there.

Believe it or not HHN was a much my DW’s idea as mine. Mostly because of The Walking Dead.

3 Likes

The press pot of Kona coffee is definitely part of the reason I want to go! I love good coffee, and historically it’s been difficult to find at the World. I don’t mind Starbucks, especially on vacation when I allow myself to not think about calories at all and can get a frappuccino, but a nice hot coffee with breakfast is more of a challenge!

Coconut rum improves all sorts of things. I’m sure it would make a Dole whip even more delicious. I had one with a regular dark rum at F&G a few years ago that was quite nice.

@mdcorbitt, Make sure to try the watermelon rind salad. It was especially nice.

3 Likes

51 Days! Staying at Yacht Club for the first time and really looking forward to it, but, I’m just as excited to see my sons face when I wake him at 4:30 am and surprise him with a Disney trip the morning we leave! :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes, I agree coffee at WDW is still a challenge. I know it has allegedly been changed over to a better kind, but I still found the stuff served at breakfast at most places to be bitter/weak sludge (I thought it quite an achievement to manage to be both bitter AND weak!). The press pot at Kona was really nice though. I also developed a bit of an obsession with flat whites from Starbucks - very good and very like what I make at home.

100% agree with. @theredhead on the watermelon rind salad @mdcorbitt - I love it and even make a version of it at home.

3 Likes

That sounds great - you get to play in storm along bay!!! You’ll have to let us know how the big reveal goes - he is going to be beyond excited!

1 Like

I am at 233 days until I stay onsite at Old Key West, solo, for the first time, I haven’t been since 2007/2008, so I am very excited to see most of the changes.

3 Likes

Hi @Ellen1976!

61 days until Disney, and like @theredhead, my mom is also willing to spend money out the arse to make this trip as special as possible. We have tons of ADR’s, a day at Discovery Cove, and a deluxe resort for the first half of our trip! I’m so excited!!

Otherwise, Tom and I are going back to my hometown in a few weeks, will spend some time in town with the folks, and then head out to a campground for 4 nights. Tom and I love camping, we’ve gone every summer for the last 3 years, so this will be our 4th camping trip. And none of this “glamping” business either, we sleep in a tent! Haha!

3 Likes

I will let everyone know how it goes! I’m sure he will be so excited he won’t know what to do with himself!

2 Likes

I love OKW - such a nice laid back resort!

So the fantasyland expansion will all be new to you - fun to see it all at once, rather than see it opening in dribs and drabs like I did.

1 Like

Hi mAly!

Your WDW trip sounds great - I’ve not done Discovery Cove since 2005 when Cal was little, and my mum was paying! You are going to love it!

Hmmm, not sure about camping though - maybe cos it always rains here - if I could be guaranteed sunshine then maybe…

2 Likes

I agree with @Ellen1976, I think seeing all of the New Fantasyland at once will be really exciting for you. You’re going to have so much fun!

@mALYficent, I’m glad I’m not the only one whose mom is spoiling them. Makes me feel a little better! I’m willing to bet that Discovery Cove will be fantastic.

@maegenj, I’m very jealous. You’ll be so close to Epcot, and you’ll have Stormalong Bay. Two very nice things!!

As to coffee, @Ellen1976, I will drink almost any to avoid the horror of a caffeine headache, especially on vacation. Bitter and weak at the same time is quite a feat, though!

3 Likes

78 more days!!! We are staying at AOA! I’m just so excited I can’t wait! :smiley:

3 Likes

AoA is such a beautifully themed resort. Which bit are you staying in? We stayed in the Little Mermaid section.

1 Like

We will be in the Lion King suites. It was a toss up between there or the Nemo Suites!! We would have been happy anywhere I think!!!

2 Likes

My countdown is 145. Going with my mom and my sister for 8 days. Staying at POFQ. Getting excited now that the beach trip is finished.

A little trip to London in between sounds great.

@theredhead so happy that your momma is helping you have a more extravagant trip. We moms love to spoil when we can.

@BearsMom2011 your trip sounds really fun!

@mdcorbitt have you done the MNSSHP before? I love that.

@Ellen1976 and @theredhead I am eating dinner at Kona and am looking forward to some fabulous coffee there. I wish I could get it each morning. I can’t quite convince myself to spend that much money on a place to sleep just for great coffee.

I agree about the fabulous food at Boma as well. Also one of my ADRs!

@mALYficent tenting is not for the weak of heart! I can handle it for a weekend. Not much more.

3 Likes

I have not done the MNSSHP before. Pretty excited for that too.

2 Likes

We found that 4 nights is usually the sweet spot. Long enough to relax, but not too long that we’re sick of the tent by the end :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It is soooo much fun. My hubby and I went as Ken and Barbie last year. We had a blast. I hope you are planning on costumes. They parade is one of my favorite events. I am going the Saturday after Thanksgiving this year and am attending the MVMCP this time. Never done this.

2 Likes

Yes, really looking forward to London - it’ll be Ben’s first visit, so very different to adults only, but still fun.

Adults only to POFQ sounds great - I stayed there a few years ago - lovely resort. Agree about the Kona coffee - I’d LOVE to stay at Poly, but don’t want to cram all of us into one room - maybe if at some stage Cal decides he doesn’t want to come anymore and it’s just me, Ian and Ben, we’ll give it a go.

2 Likes