What's the longest continuous time you've worn a mask?

We just got in these gaiters off Amazon. I thought my kids would like the camo. They just stay up on my DS10 twins. We’ll see if that lasts or if they stretch out. Haven’t tried them out and about yet.

6 Likes

We put a safety pin along the seam to tighten up the gaiters to better fit my 8 & 10 year olds.

OK. I’m going there.

Honest to God, British people really don’t care about the Revolutionary War. At all. It’s not even remotely on our radar. People have heard of “July 4th” and “Independence Day”, but I doubt many know the significance of it.

I was endlessly hazed about it when I lived in the US. I really got the impression that it’s a big deal to you people. But we simply don’t care.

4 Likes

I was wondering about something like that. Thanks!

This is good data. I have access to a big box of those. So — in the increasingly unlikely event that I show up in October — those are what I’ll bring.

Well, I would still like to try gaiters.

3 Likes

I hope that the “hazing” was in jest! I have a few British friends who will send me stuff like this around the 4th of July:

7 Likes

Disney is putting in cooling tents and places where you can sit and remove your masks. I purchased surgical masks for my trip and cooling towels. I am going in August.

5 Likes

It was, but it got tiresome. And it just didn’t hit its mark because we just don’t care.

She’s more cheerful than you think.

2 Likes

For the record, I think the Queen is delightful. :wink:

4 Likes

We all do. Long may she reign.

7 Likes

The queen, definitely. :heart: :heart:
Some of her heirs are growing tiresome.

I hope she lives forever.

:heart:

5 Likes

This is the only kind I wear and I feel a little lame as everyone else has jazzy ones. But I don’t think I could do anything with fabric. I am going to try a bandana the next time I need one.

1 Like

ROFL!

Pretty much all of them.

Yup.

“May the [Queen] live forever. Forever. Forever.”

She’s 94, you know. Her mother lived to be 101.

Inappropriate political commentary — The status worldwide of the UK has taken a serious hit in the last few years. The death of the Queen will be another very serious blow to our reputation and standing.

4 Likes

The fabric ones were stifling today, and it wasn’t even that hot or humid outside.

2 Likes

please - I’m hard pressed to think of anywhere that’s looking super classy. My theory is that the internet exposes eVEryThINg and - well - there goes the reputations.

1 Like

I was thinking of trying the gaiters as well, but I was so pleasantly surprised by the paper ones that we are probably going to stick with them. They stayed on during roller coasters as well although we did not go on any that went upside down.

1 Like

I have 2 jobs. My second job is as a forensic engineer. Yesterday i wore a mask the whole time during my inspection. Which was about 15 minutes inside the house, and 30 minutes on the roof. The tempature here was about 100 degrees in Tampa. I was out of breath when i got off the roof, and light headed.

I run 4 miles every other day and run about a 9 min mile, i lift weights the other days. So i am in decent shape. The Florida sun is brutual right now! We are worried about both our July trip to universal and August trip to Disney.

I’ve ordered some different cloth ones but I do think I’ll be bringing a variety as well as purchasing the paper ones I wear at the hospital. They are lightweight and don’t bother me. I have some coming for DD6 via amazon … estimated delivery for pediatric masks “july 26th”
masks in august is making me nervous. Not so much for me but for her. She’s fine out running errands but hasn’t worn one for an extended period of time. Camp starts in a few weeks and they will need one for certain times where social distancing can’t be followed. I guess that will be the test for my trip.

Cooling tents - really? That is AWESOME! We are going in August too, so this is good to know, thanks! We also have surgical masks and cooling towels.