What's the longest continuous time you've worn a mask?

:rofl::rofl:

Iā€™m good for a couple of hours at best. At work, we take them off for at least 15 minutes every 4 hours (I am a nurse) when on our breaks. Also for lunch. And to drink water at the nurses station. And, well, quite a few other times during the day if you want me to be honest with you. Mask fatigue is real and we have been wearing them for months. On a normal hot day I would drink tons of water while out and about. I am going to need a mask with a hole for a straw or something if I do go to DL or WDW in July. I spent many summer days at Busch Gardens as a teen sitting in the shade trying to avoid heat stroke from lack of water. It took years but I learned my lesson and usually drink huge amounts of water at Disney.

3 Likes

I have a medical condition. It makes smiling very painful for me. So much so that I have to be grumpy and irascible all the time for the sake of my health. I should get DAS for it, actually.

6 Likes

Was able to reserve my park day at Kings Island (amusement park here in Cincinnati) for July 4th. We have to wear masks. Thatā€™s going to be our practice day for Disney. I will report back

1 Like

I have fainted just reading this. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

DS and I going to Six Flags tomorrow. Taking several masks to try out. I will report back tomorrow evening.

Edit to Add: Normally here in Missouri is it in the 90ā€™s by now with insane humidity. A cold front went through last night, so itā€™s only supposed to be low 80ā€™s with low humidity. So, not a valid test for a Disney trip, but we will go to Six Flags several more times before August.

1 Like

I believe I would qualify tooā€¦

About an 1 1/2 hours in air conditioning to visit my grandfather. Outside? Maybe 20 minutes. I feel like when I talk or sweat, the mask kind of irritates my face, no matter which one I use. I have sensitive skin. Long hours in a hot park would not go well for me. So really, I have no advice.

1 Like

10 minutes - tops for me.
Iā€™ve been a nurse 25 years. There is a reason I dont work in the OR.
I always thought I was ā€œokā€ with them, but now I realize I hate them. I canā€™t breathe.
My girls and I went shopping today and I was constantly pulling it off, or down, or fidgeting. And I was wearing the lightweight hospital ones. I am going to try a bandana next time.

4 Likes

Um, properly? Maybe long enough to get in the door at Costco. Then I pull it down below my nose so I can breathe properly.

I left a meeting with a lawyer to my husband because they insisted on it and I could not breathe.

When I put them on, my claustrophobia kicks in, my breathing does not stay nice and even, and I feel like Iā€™m losing air and going to pass out.

4 Likes

Ugh. Sorry, but this drives me crazy. If you are breathing with your nose, your nose should be covered or else the mask isnā€™t helping.

9 Likes

No offense, but I donā€™t care who it drives crazy. I need to breathe.

My sister has a doctorā€™s letter she carries with her at all times because she cannot wear any type. Period.

If I was still going to a p-doc for my bipolar, I would have a note as well. This is the first time in the years since I successfully went med free and controlled my bipolar with cognitive behavior therapy that I wished I was still a regular patient.

ETA #2: And this is also a HUGE part of the mask/no mask debate. Folks who do and can look at folks who arenā€™t and make all sorts of judgments. Just like so much in this world that divides us, the governors have added a new thing.

Thankfully, there are no requirements in general in OK. Some stores such as Box Lunch/Hot Topic require them and I simply donā€™t shop there.

3 Likes

I wore a mask most of the day on our travel days last month when we flew across the country to go to the beach. I had my mask on in the the airport (one layover each way in different cities each time, so four airports total), on the plane (two flights totaling about 6 hours each way), and while at the front desk waiting to check into our hotel.

I removed the mask: in areas of the terminal where we could socially distance (this was allowed in the airports I was at), while eating or drinking in the terminal, while eating or drinking on the plane, when we were outdoors and socially distanced, and when we got in our private rental car.

We left our home at 7am and got to our hotel at about 5pm home time, so maybe 10 hours of mostly wearing our masks. DS 8 and DD 6 both wore their masks without complaint, though DD3 only wore it maybe 5 minutes at a time. No mask was required for DD1.

Doing this outdoors is another story, but Disney would be worth it, IMO.

I am not judging. Masks are effective. Period. They are shown repeatedly to be the most effective way to prevent spread when worn properly. There is no study that shows otherwise. So when so see someone who has one on but pulls it down below the nose, it drives me crazy. It serves zero point. You might as well just not wear it!

I donā€™t judge if people donā€™t wear them or do. I believe everyone should, unless you canā€™t, but I get why some people think otherwise But the half wearing thing? I donā€™t get it!

5 Likes

About 15 minutes during the check in process to give blood because it was required. Sorry, but if Iā€™m not coughing Iā€™m not spreading anything. You would have to be within about 6 inches of me and weā€™d have to be talking to one another for droplets to be able to spread and land on you or me, unless Iā€™m coughing or you are coughing. No one that Iā€™m not related to gets that close to me. So since Iā€™m not coughing I donā€™t wear a mask.

1 Like

Well. It gets you into the store.
I also pull mine down on every aisle Iā€™m alone. Someone comes along - I pop it back on til they pass.

2 Likes

Well at the very least it may help with a cough or sneeze. But I get where you are coming from. Itā€™s not as effective overall.

Hey now . . .

Some lawyers are a lot of fun.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Maybe 20 minutes while in the store. I get in, get what I need, and get out. I hate things near my face, even turtlenecks, collared shirts, jewelry etc. It has been 30C+ (85F) this week and it is uncomfortable. I canā€™t imagine going to Disney when it is 100F+ and spending hours with it on. No thanks. Iā€™ll wait until I can go places without a mask.

4 Likes

You are wrong.

4 Likes