What's the funniest thing you've heard while waiting in line?

We love to tease my dad for a hilarious incident a few years ago. We had a family visit to Disneyland and after returning home, my dad texts our sibling group chat and asks, “Did anyone use my credit card at Motel 6? I have a suspicious charge there.”

I ask him to send a screenshot of the charge and it was for the Cozy Cone Motel. I message back:

“Dad, that’s the name of the churro stand in Cars Land!” :joy::joy::joy:

The other funny thing is that the churros cost more than a night at Motel 6! :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Love it!!! I’m sure there are some other things, but the “Bonding” thing sticks out.

We have our own travel jokes too. Like how my dad got SO CLOSE to not spoiling where we were going for the family trip to celebrate their 45th anniversary. We knew the starting point (Orlando - I needed to know where to book my airfare) and that we were ending with a Disney Dream cruise, but not where we were going between. He had a guessing game all ready to go, but then about 5 minutes before he was going to present it to us my sister had been complaining about a headache and he told her to take his last 2 Aleve. She said she wouldn’t because they were his last two and he said “I’m sure there is a drug store we can go to when we get to Key West.” And then instantly realized what he said. :rofl: :rofl:

Our primary Disney-related family joke is that we always have to hit Spaceship Earth first when we go to Epcot. Stemming from the church family trip my dad led. He would hand out the tickets to families as they left and we were always the last family to get going because of that. Well, on Epcot day (the day the bus parked at Epcot…we had hoppers and were there for 3 days, but each day had its own tickets - one day the bus parked at MK (pre-TTC I think), one day at Epcot, and then one at wherever the majority were going to go) he was giving people an overview of the park and said “Now, just because you come to Spaceship Earth first, you don’t have to do it first. You can always come back to it.” Well, where did WE go first? Spaceship Earth. And yes, we got busted by one of the other families. So now it’s sort of ritual to do it first. LOL.

3 Likes

Not exactly rolling on the floor laughing kind of funny, but a sweet memory:

May 2018 my family was taking the raft across to Tom Sawyer Island. It was hot, sticky, it was our fast pass time for SPLASH but SPLASH was down. Time for a break. DS9 was teasing DD7 and she was getting irritated. A sweet older lady quietly whispered to her, asking if she’s ever been to TSI, no she hadn’t. The woman quietly told her about the caves and the little alcoves in there. The lady suggested DD7 hide in one of those alcoves and at just the right moment, jump out to scare DS9. I helped her set the scene and we have a good memory of DD7 getting her big brother back real good.

3 Likes

YESSS… And I’m from New England. The more I go down to Disney, the harder it is to stay warm when I come home !!!

1 Like

Well I haven’t heard anything weird that I can remember, but you may have heard my DD7 recite the safety protocols for the skyliner (In english AND spanish) when we are there. Those young brains are so good with other languages!!

2 Likes

I concur with that mom when now in covid times that line is directly in the sun. Lol

2 Likes

I don’t have AC in my house. It never gets hot enough to justify it.
When you go north, you just put on more clothes.
When you go south, there’s only so much you can take off! :open_mouth:

Another funny thing that happened to us at Disney was at Blizzard Beach and there was large family right next to us. At the end of the day my family trooped off to change into our clothes for the ride home. The other group never really moved. Then magically, they were all changed!

I wondered- How did they do that?
DH said “Remember when we’d just change out of ski clothes in the parking lot at Tahoe before driving home?”

Oh, yeah… but I’m sure we still kept our skivvies on. When you’re in swimsuits, you don’t have any skivvies! It takes some talent to be able to strip naked and then get dressed in broad daylight at WDW and have no one notice a thing.

While on Everest in AK, the car got up to the “tore up track” and a guy in the row in front of me said, “wow, this is lame”

but then as the car barreled backwards, he yelled out…“OH SH#T”
I laughed all afternoon thinking about that.

12 Likes