"Whatever just happened...blame it on the pig." - My September Pre-Trip and Trip Report **BREAKING NEWS ON 8/21**

It would be a new one for me also. And given that I plan to spend Saturday at Epcot, and possibly go back to Epcot my last night…it might be worth the added cost for the convenience.

(I should add, I’m waiting to see what the reports are for Passholder Play Time in TSL once it starts. As of now, no one knows what is going to happen to the people who have the 7-8 slot at 8 - the park won’t be open, but there is another group from 8-9…and it wouldn’t really be fair to let the 7-8 people continue to ride rides, but… Will there be colored wrist bands so that you have to have the right color to ride? Or is it just “So sorry 8am people…there will be twice as many people in as the 7am people had”? IF it turns out to be more of the latter, I may just skip it all together. But I’d need to have a decision made about the room before then, so… OTOH, even if I skip it, Epcot is the plan for most of that day…)

4 Likes

To me…if you’re not going to be in the room to enjoy it, save the money and take an uber instead. Still won’t have to worry about the busses and would save considerable $$$ for a trip when you CAN enjoy the room. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, I would Lyft or Minnie Van - I have major issues with Uber’s past practices and very little faith that the changes they are claiming are being fully embraced and making any difference.

I am kinda leaning towards CSR now - I can change to a Preferred King for about what POFQ River would be.

4 Likes

Uber, Lyft, Minnie Van. Sentiment is the same. :wink:*

2 Likes

I love POFQ so I’d pick that. In reality though, knowing I wasn’t going to be in the room anyway, I’d stay where I was and put the unexpected money towards my next trip.

4 Likes

Decision made! Coronado Springs Preferred. With my late arrival, it was the best option with proximity to the lobby. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So… For those playing along, here are the plans as they stand now. Looking a bit more firm - mostly. As a note, I’m putting the current start time of my FP+ window as it shows on MDE. The first ones may be towards the end of the window, and the others will be adjusted as possible as I tap into each. More will obviously be added as I use them up.

9/7
fly to MCO, landing sometime after 11pm - carry-on only, obviously
DME to Coronado Springs
Stop by Front Desk to opt out of housekeeping, then head to my room (Preferred Section - requesting Building 1, Corner Room, Top Floor via fax)
hopefully get some sleep

9/8

• get up around 6 - quick shower and ready for the day
  • stop by Pepper Market at 7 when it opens to at least get my refillable mug - I’ll probably bring a Luna bar with me for this morning
  • Minnie Van (or plain Lyft) to Studios to be there by 7:45 for Passholder Play Time at TSL (to be honest, if the reports from the first couple indicate that they are not doing anything to prevent the people with the 7-8am slot from riding the rides during the 8-9am slot, I may just skip this because that is not fair if that happens - I’ll skip it and let them know how disappointed I am that they did nothing to make it possible for the 8-9am people to have the same experience as the 7-8am people)
  • walk to Epcot (if Play Time is skipped, the time schedule will back up to a later wake-up and pop into Pepper Market for the mug - then bus to Epcot) - popping into Beach Club Marketplace to refill my mug
  • if there is time, stop at Guest Services window at the IG to change my MNSSHP email to a hard ticket - if not I’ll do this later
  • 10am - Garden Grill breakfast
  • 12pm Spaceship Earth FP+
  • 1pm Mission Space FP+
  • 2:10pm Frozen Ever After FP+
  • wandering around Epcot doing attractions as I choose, maybe snacking at F&W booths - I realize this is a Saturday and I’ve read the horror stories…but unless I give up any but one option on Monday, it is my only time; and being gluten-free and a NON-fish eater my options at the booths are limited anyway so I don’t know how much I’d eat there anyway
  • 10pm Illuminations
  • back to CSR

9/9 (assuming my friend who was going to meet up is not able to…if she is it will just change the afternoon possibly…or not)

• 8am - breakfast at Rix Sports Bar & Grill (or Pepper Market)
  • bus to MK
  • pics with characters around the flagpole if the lines are not too long (and assuming it’s Pluto and Chip & Dale)
  • 9:10am Meet Mickey Mouse FP+
  • 10:10am Space Mountain FP+
  • 11:20am Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FP+
  • wandering and other various rides/attractions at MK
  • early afternoon, monorail to probably Contemporary for food at Contempo Cafe - OR bus to POFQ and getting food there since this is a resort I always toy with but never pull the trigger on staying there
  • back to MK for more fun and then getting my MNSSHP wristband and allergy treat bag
  • MNSSHP - sort of bounding as Moana (unless I find or come up with something else…or just decide to go as me)
  • bus back to CSR and crash

9/10

• breakfast at Pepper Market
  • bus to Animal Kingdom - it is EMH, but I’m not going to super stress it - especially with Pepper Market not opening until 7, though I could do the fill the mug and have a Luna bar thing
  • Dinosaur, Everest, Maharajah Jungle trail, FOTLK, Nemo…all if time permit - some could be in the afternoon/evening
  • 10:30am Meet Disney Pals FP+
  • 12:05pm Kilimanjaro Safaris FP+
  • wander the Gorilla Falls trail
  • wander to Pandora and (hopefully) ride Na’vi River
  • food at Satu’li
  • 3:25pm Flight of Passage FP+
  • more wandering for a little

The evening is up in the air…
Option A is stay in Animal Kingdom all evening, getting nibbles at Nomad Lounge and maybe seeing Rivers of Light again
Option B is go to Epcot in the late afternoon for wandering, snacking, and Illuminations again in case they end it before I can get back down
Option C is to go to Disney Springs in the late afternoon (depending on how gross I am possibly back to CSR first) with dinner around 7 at either Raglan Road or Bongos
Option D is to go to AKL Kidani for dinner around 7 at Sanaa
(these are not in preference order…just in the order I typed them)

9/11

• Tragical Express - if I can grab food at the Pepper Market before pick-up, awesome…if not, I’ll get something at Starbucks at MCO
  • fly to JFK and be sad my vacation is over
  • begin post pictures and start the trip report part of this

:smiley:

4 Likes

Scrap the 8am Rix Grill and Bar breakfast on 9/9.

I now have…

drumroll please

7:50am Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno!!! Whee!!

9 Likes

Now that will be a fun start!

2 Likes

God bless my hardworking TA - Jacki at MEI-Mousefan!! After doing a big more digging, I discovered that though it is not mentioned in the “the pool and the bar/food location there are going to be closed” email I got from Disney, the food court (already slightly iffy as none of the CSR restaurants are “operated” by Disney) is undergoing renovation and has a limited menu. Being gluten-free, I did not trust that one bit - especially when the lunch item that I’d know was safe (rice bowls) is off the menu.

So…

I’m putting on my big girl pants and changing to POFQ. (I’ve always been hesitant because of the themeing - my one visit to New Orleans left me with pretty bad memories.) Hopefully Disney Magic will exorcise those ghosts and I’ll have a blast!! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

POFQ is fantastic!

3 Likes

We went to FQ late July for the first time. I wasn’t sure if I would like it for the same reason, but I wanted a smaller resort since we were taking my parents and renting a scooter. We absolutely loved it! It was the perfect size and very charming. I would stay there again without hesitation.

3 Likes

She’s pretty amazing.

Glad to hear that you’re taking the plunge on POFQ. I think you’ll be fine - though if you find the themeing too heavy-handed, POR is much gentler on the themes (to know for next time). Interestingly, after January, CSR will be the only of the major Mods. that I haven’t stayed at. (I’m excluding FWC). I do like Sassagoula Floatworks over at POFQ - they have one of the more unique FC menus.

1 Like

Thanks!

Other things are shaking into place - the biggest ??? is the final evening:

Stay in AK and get nibbles at Nomad Lounge and see ROL again
Have a chill resort evening and eat at Boatwrights
Go to Disney Springs and eat at: Raglan Road, Bongos, Frontera, BOATHOUSE (if I can get a reservation), or some quick serve combo
Back to Epcot for one more Illuminations (would be second Illuminations and third Epcot of the trip - not that I see that as a bad thing)
Something I have not thought of (that does not involve HEA which I did NOT find to be happy)

Haha!

1 Like

I would recommend that you walk over to POR and see YeHaa Bob, but, IIRC, he doesn’t perform on Tuesdays.

1 Like

I am officially changed to POFQ!! Just got the email and can see it on my MDE!!

6 Likes

Yeah…the info I can find says W, Th, F, and Sa. Do they have musicians the other nights?

What about Scat Cat at POFQ?

2 Likes

You should definitely check out POFQ. its fun just to wander around. The CS is pretty good. And you can always take the boat from there to DS.

1 Like

That is where I’m staying! :slight_smile: We’ll see about the boat and if I go to Disney Springs. I did not have a good experience the last time I was on one of those boats - stuck on there with a very loud, very rambunctious child with very hands-off parents. Didn’t make me want to get on one again to be stuck for that long on what should be a peaceful mode of transportation.

2 Likes

Liked Scat Cat a lot.
Discovered with POFQ that you can basically get a garden view for standard prices in Bldg 4. :grin:

2 Likes