What would you do? Scheduling Dilemma

I am headed down for a last minute trip 2/7-2/12. I originally had a MK park reservation for Tuesday, 2/8, but I changed MK to Thursday after I found out that MK was closing @ 4:30 that day. After following the wait times for today( also 4:30pm close), I’m second guessing my decision. If the wait times were similar, I’m pretty sure that we could get everything that we want to do done by 4:30, and then head back to the hotel for some pool time(pending weather). What would y’all do?

What were the predicted crowd levels for today as compared to the date in question (2/8)? If they are the same and you won’t miss the nighttime park hours (important to some) it might be a great day to go from RD to dinner and enjoy a nice evening “off”

If it were my ONLY day at MK though I probably would NOT do it

2 Likes

It is a “4” today vs. a “5” that day. If there had been a DAH MK option, we weren’t even going to do an actual “day” at MK. I think I may go for it. 7DMT was a 15-20min wait for most of the day today(!)

2 Likes

I have a MK park reservation for 2/8. I am hoping that crowds may be a bit lighter because of the shorter hours. However, I do plan on hopping to another park. If it was my only MK day and I was not able to hop I would have changed it.

1 Like

Today was also forecasted for 90% chance of rain all day(since Saturday) so that also helped convince ppl move MK days

2 Likes

I’m an infrequent visitor so my input should be viewed through that less knowledgeable lens.

I’ve only visited WDW snd DLR when it happened to overlap with various 4.30pm MK or DLP early park closures . Each time I followed TP book advice to go to MK on those days (when everyone else zigs, you zag).

Those days were always glorious and so much less crowded than any other day! RD to 4.30 is a pretty full day, so walking out and closing day with a nice dinner was soo fun. However if you don’t get Park shopper snd don’t want hassle of contrmf

1 Like

That does sound glorious. We never go park open to park close.

1 Like