What would you do? Lodging situation

OMG YES YES YES. This.

You win the day in my book.

Okay, have to go have fun on vacation. Enjoy the story!

I’ll post a recap of the song and dance later. Promise.

6 Likes

@longwalk has posted a track for you on the open thread!

Soooooooooo….when are you going to be at WDW this year?? Perhaps something could be arranged…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Haha…I have just had my ESTA through, so I am approved. I am not sure why I sigh a sigh of relief when it comes through.

2 Likes

It’s the creepy photo you put on the sign that makes them not do that. You sitting there, stroking a cat that isn’t there, with that WEIRD look on your face. I mean…dude. :shudder:

Regarding @JuliaMc issue… It would really depend on how sleepy i was at the time for how I would handle it. We’d either get “just go away” Randall or “Oooook, let’s play with this moron” Randall.

If it was “Let’s play” there are several different scenarios from there. Off the top of my head, it would be the game “hard of hearing.” Asking the guy to continually repeat his demands, over and over because the door was just blocking all sound. This has the added benefit of having him possibly completely losing his crap in the hallway (more than already).

“Keep it clown? Why would we want clowns in there? What?”

There’s also the anonymous through-the-door-survey: where you ask him his experience to the amount of noise you’ve been accused of making. “So on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the most agreeable, do you think the kids in here should be drinking Jack Daniels? 1…ok… what if it was Sangria? Interesting…”

Finally there’s the “responding in only Disney quotes/songs/titles”

9 Likes

Hmmmm……

To the @JuliaMc situation.
How loud could you have been sitting in bed? Jumping around is one thing. Slamming into walls. Moshing, perhaps. Headbanging. Skanking (Any late 90s ska fans out there? No? Just me?). But just hanging out in bed? Relax, Naked Dude.

If you want to stay up until midnight in The Most Exhausting Place on Earth, that’s your prerogative. This guy should have called the front desk and not bothered you. Also, for his own safety, what if you were a maniac? Stupid.

Sorry this happened. Glad you’re moving from there.

3 Likes

Yyyyyeah I pretty much knew anything I was going to type was going to be a turn of phrase :rofl:

You shoulda seen what I decided NOT to type :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I breathe a sigh of relief too! I haven’t applied yet for this year, I’m hoping I might get 2 trips on the same one though I probably won’t.

1 Like

So a little update for y’all.

Security went and visited my new friend this morning.

He stated he was locked out of his room and it was a case of mistaken room number.

I let them know that was incorrect.

The plot thickens!

5 Likes

His DW is going to strangle him!

Someone remind me to tell you all a hilarious story about this when Calvin and I get back from our walk.

2 Likes

Never, I mean NEVER open the door in a situation like this, and call front desk immediately. (so pretty much what you did LOL)

However, if it happened to me I would open the door and jump kick the offender in the throat !!! :men_wrestling::boxing_glove::man_superhero:

3 Likes

I think if I tried that, I’d end up more injured than the intruder! :wink:

3 Likes

Hahahaha me too most likely. Or if I’m very lucky, while aiming at the throat I would actually hit the crotch and still get the hoped-for results LOL

2 Likes

Probably. Because I know the resort staff will follow up. I’m kind of a special person, and magical things happen when I open my mouth.

HahaHaha.

Not really. But.

There’s nothing I dislike more than someone telling false stories. Be honest. Dishonesty is my biggest pet peeve, I will make a hard stand on principle in situations like this!!

And no, I would never OPEN my room door. Yikes!

7 Likes

So… he thought he was knocking on his own door and telling himself to be quiet?
I’m betting Mousekeeping finds empty tequila bottles in his trash.

5 Likes

I wonder if it’s only me or if a lot of you guys would agree on this. When I go to Disney, I ‘‘adapt’’ my behavior as much as I can to be appropriate for a family place. I don’t get drunk, I don’t swear, I don’t walk around half naked, I don’t yell. I would not like for my son to see bad behavior and so I do my best to avoid other people’s kids seeing me displaying bad behavior.

I like having fun and I can be as stupid as the next guy if we’re a bunch of bros in Vegas, but there’s a time and place for everything, right ?

2 Likes

The Effects of Tequila by Number of Shots

1. I’m mellow
  2. I’m funny
  3. I’m handsome
  4. I’m hot (literally, top half only)
  5. I’m invisible
  6. I’m too loud and drunk and need to let the people next to me know forcefully

(18 hours later) I’m bad at lying.

7 Likes

I don’t think Vegas is fun at all. I should know. I was there, once, when I was like 12. We drove through on our way to California, and just wanted to see what it looked like (in daytime…because, well, we were literally just passing through). We stopped in a K-Mart, where I was intrigued by the numerous slot machines at the check-outs. So, while my parents were paying for whatever it was they were buying, I was watching some guy play a slot machine. That is, until a K-Mart employee came over and told me I had no business over by those machines. It’s illegal for me to be there!

I’ve never cared for the place ever since! :wink:

3 Likes