What would you do? for a first timer

Hi friends!

In preparing for our upcoming trip, my gal pal- who has never been to WDW- powered through the entire Star Wars franchise. I am impressed and she is obsessed. While I am thrilled to have another rebel in my alliance, it has put a wrench in our plans in regards to HS; originally I planned a half day, she has requested a full day. No problem, that sounds great to me as I haven’t spent a full day at the studios in quite some time, however I’d love your wisdom and feedback. We can RD, staying at POP. I have reservations for Oga’s @ 6:55 and dinner at Topolino’s @ 9:10. A mid-day break is also a must, I’m thinking leaving around 2, back to HS for 4:30 (a 45 minute rest and shower/refresh is a sufficient break from my research). We will utilize ILL for ROTR, as it is a must for my new junkie. Should we do Genie+? I have a main entrance pass, so I’m not even sure if my guest passes will show as eligible? I do have APR’s made with said guest pass. What are your strategies with or without Genie+? I’d love to make sure she gets to ride MFSR, Star Tours, ROTR, MMRR, RNR, SD. Is this an attainable goal? I love to set realistic expectations, so lay the truth on me. Our HS is 07/18 for reference. Thanks in advance y’all!

1 Like

For one day, two people, Genie+ sounds to be very valuable for HS. In addition to ILL for ROTR. Plus you want time to be able to wander and just enjoy and take it all in… and it’s going to be hotter than the surface of the sun so you won’t want to stand for hours in every line. With Genie+ you should be able to hit all the things you’ve listed. Happy planning!

3 Likes

I think it would be worth it to stack for your return in the afternoon and for whatever you can snag earlier

3 Likes

I was thinking that genie+ would be valuable for HS and MK. I need to figure out now if my guest passes will work for it!!

You can definitely accomplish all of this in one day with a break, but it will be a LOT easier with Genie+ and ILL. You could do something like this:

• Get first LL for SDD at 7am (hopefully early return time)
  • Get ILL for RotR for late morning
  • RD MFSR
  • Ride SDD and get LL for MMRR
  • Ride Star Tours at your leisure (should be short wait all day)
  • Get lunch
  • Slot in MMRR and break dependent on return time; get LL for RnRC
  • Ride RnRC
  • Go to Oga’s
  • Hit anything you missed
  • Leave for dinner at Topolino’s
2 Likes

PS I know nothing about guest passes, so not sure if it will work. But you can still accomplish everything with standby if that was your only option.

Good to know!!! Thanks for the feedback!!

1 Like

Do you suggest using BG1 for genie?

1 Like

Yes! It will really help in getting an early LL for SDD, which will set you up to get an earlier MMRR, which will allow you to get RNRC. (You can usually get at least four headliners if you play it right.)

1 Like

Looks like I need to do some light reading on the ins and outs of genie+!!

1 Like

I’ve seen this a few times now, what does BG1 for genie mean?

1 Like

I have been wondering the same thing.

1 Like

Re: BG1, see pinned thread in La Cava if you haven’t come across previous discussions on it yet.

1 Like