What will you miss most in EPCOT?

Today Touring Plans posted photos of all of the construction walls that went up overnight in Epcot. I was kind of in denial that it was going to look like that for my upcoming trip…but now it is feeling real. So, what will you miss most in EPCOT (it can even be an attraction/feature that is long gone)?
I think, for me, I’ll miss the Fountain of Nations most. I just thought it was such a pretty water feature and a cool story. Close 2nd…I still miss Honey I Shrunk the Audience. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I miss Maelstrom. I love Frozen but FEA seems lazy and like half is missing. It was one and done for me.

6 Likes

THIS! I’ve cried over this for so long. I know it was “scary”, but OMG it was so much fun. Best 4-D movie ever.

2 Likes

I’m hoping the view of Spaceship Earth from World Showcase is not obstructed by the new buildings on the north end of the lagoon. That’s something I would miss. Below is a hypothetical rendering from Bioreconstruct on Twitter of what the new buildings would look like:

3 Likes

I do understand why they did it…but you’re right. I enjoyed Maelstrom (as I enjoy visiting the countries in EPCOT to learn more about them) and FEA does feel a bit lazy (I still like riding it though). I’m worried the same thing will happen with Three Caballeros being replaced by Coco (although that ride is not as educational)

That would totally change the park!

3 Likes

I adore Coco and I would love to see it. I think it could be done in an educational way.

2 Likes

That movie gets me every time and I can’t get through it without crying…I’m worried I’d cry the whole way through the ride too. :grinning:

1 Like

Agreed. As a kid Maelstrom was my favorite ride in all of WDW. I still think FEA is decent for a non-thrill ride especially for someone who didn’t know Maelstrom.

I was a fan of the 90s Mexico ride too.

4 Likes

I’m worried they’re going to ruin spaceship earth. So help me if I see Mickey anywhere closer than the character spot…

5 Likes

That was my opinion of Maelstrom…

2 Likes

Fountain of Nations, without any hesitation.

The symbolism of the mixing of the waters tied into the World Showcase idea. And at it’s best it was a fantastic fountain and water “show”.

I also wish Horizons was still around.

6 Likes

For me this is a past tense question. The original Imagination, Horizons, World of Motion, the Living Seas (without Nemo), Kitchen Kaberet, The World of Energy, Rio del Tiempo, Akershus being a quality Norwegian restaurant instead of a Princess stable, the absence of IPs in the park - all gone, never to return. Other than SE, I can think of nothing in the current FW that I would actually “miss”. It’s not that I don’t enjoy some of the FW pavilions, but if they went away I would not feel that touch of sadness I experience for the loss of the truly great EP attractions every time I enter the park.

10 Likes

FEA is so much worse!

1 Like

No love for body wars?

3 Likes

Illuminations.

Don’t get me wrong, the pavillions are all cool. But Illuminations just hits me in all the feels.

2 Likes

It was OK; kind of a second string ST. My biggest issue was for what was supposedly an “educational” ride, there were some pretty major errors in the anatomy and physiology portrayed. As an aerospace physiologist, I notice these kind of things…

Agreed. I’ve seen every variation of the EP night time show going all the way back to “Laserphonic Fantasy” in the 80s. I think it was at it’s best the first few years of “IllumiNations” that premiered around the time of the millennium; I don’t think many of the changes that they’ve made since than have really been “improvements”.

1 Like

Horizons, without a doubt.

But, I also miss the LwtL song and live cast member guide, the pre-Ellen Universe of Energy, and the Canada movie without Martin Short.

2 Likes

I loved Maelstrom. I think I actually teared up a little bit when I heard it was closing. And add to that the fact that I hate Frozen, and it was a bigger hit to the gut.

2 Likes