What will the coronavirus do to wdw crowds in April, May, June?

I think the parks will see very low crowd levels in April, May and June.

Mostly due to being shut.

5 Likes

I got to point out that in reading about all the culinary students and Disney program students being let go, do you really believe WDW will reopen any time soon. I also don’t believe this virus is just going to up and leave in the near future and as long as it is out there in force I don’t see anything reopening.

TN schools are out through 3/27. There are inclement weather days built into the school calendar that haven’t been used. They are using those so the extra week will not be added to the end of the year

“ Therefore, CDC, in accordance with its guidance for large events and mass gatherings,recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States.”

4 Likes

Nail in the coffin.

Le sigh.

2 Likes

Where is the from?

If true, I guess our May trip is going to be off. We have back up reservations for mis August though.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/mass-gatherings-ready-for-covid-19.html

Thanks. sigh.

Indeed.

It seems kinda insane to imagine the parks closed for 8 weeks.

2 Likes

Gov Wolf said they would evaluate at the end of the me 10 day period. Based on the nene 8 week social distancing guideline I wonder if they’ll go back to school at all.

The CDC just recommended social distancing for 8 weeks. I wouldn’t expect WDW to open before that now. I wouldn’t even plan anything before June so you don’t have to cancel.

1 Like

my next trip (father/son trip) is planned for 6/7. I am very anxiously watching.

I don’t wanna turn this into a Space 220 thread but if the parks do end up closing for 8 weeks I can’t even imagine when 220 will open after all the set backs.

1 Like

I just cancelled my June back up and scheduled for August as well. I’m keeping the May trip for now, as I’m right on the edge at 5/16. I’m also hoping for the extension of the tickets like they did for March.

1 Like

My wife pointed out that 8 weeks ends exactly one day before our first day at WDW. So, holding out hope.

8 Likes

We’re leaving 5/15… Fingers crossed!

I wondered the same thing. In a few weeks they’ll probably be able to get a good feel based on hotel reservations.

I really feel for the people that this affects. MY buddy was planning a first Disney trip with his 6 year old son in late April. His kid was all fired up to go too. Trying to explain to a kid that they can’t go, while also not trying to cause him to panic about the state we are in is a fine line.

I currently have a family trip planned for mid-July, optimistically the park would be open but I am questioning going if its going to be jam packed after people have re-scheduled.

We have a trip planned in mid May, not that the virus cares.

I am optimistic that the warm florida weather will have an impact. October to April are peak flu seasons, and March has never been a peak month. My crystal ball says mid April DW opens back up.

1 Like

Ohio schools and colleges closed until summer.