What will the coronavirus do to wdw crowds in April, May, June?

For those that may be on this board that craft crowd calendars for WDW. Any thoughts to what the impact will be in April, May or June? Wondering if they will be lower until everyone is convinced the pandemic is under control or if they will be higher as folks that had to change their March trip.

2 Likes

Nobody knows.

9 Likes

Was looking for speculation. There is always plenty of folks that have thoughts which is all I am looking for. Thanks for sharing yours

I guess that I am with @OBNurseNH on this one - she is not the “voice of reason…” for nothing. This is a very complex issue with a lot of unknowns, and I am not sure what the value of speculation is.

As Master Yoda might say, “Speculation is the path to the Dark Side. Speculation leads to bad decisions. Bad decisions lead to unhappiness.”

9 Likes

Well although I agree with @OBNurseNH and @brklinck, I will speculate that the crowds for April will be pretty much zero. As in the parks probably won’t re-open until May.

9 Likes

@brklinck because if I have to be stuck in my house for a few weeks I have to entertain myself with something. this is one of those somethings. if no one on here wants to play, I’m sure the DIS boards will be full of people offering wild opinions.

1 Like

Just for speculation purposes, I would assume crowds will be lower. Fear of getting infected, economic uncertainty, school calendar weirdness,
no ability to rebook so close to have the trip cancelled.

Hope I am wrong.

If a lot of people who have to rebook are required to travel based on school schedules, I would think that summer and school holidays would see an increase in crowds. But, who knows how long we will need to maintain social distancing.

I know two coworkers who were taking their families next week. They are both now rescheduled for May. If open it’ll be a busy summer.

1 Like

Well, to throw something out there, we are scheduled to go mid-May. When I look at the resort availability for that week, a lot more resorts are now open that weren’t just a week or 2 ago.

3 Likes

I bet the fall will be awfully crowded. Obviously it’s anecdotal, but a lot of people seem to be rebooking for August through October.

3 Likes

I personally think the parks won’t reopen until sometime in May. I hope I am wrong!

6 Likes

@Wahoohokie as a Disney shareholder I certainly hope you are wrong. I could see it going past 3/31 but hoping the parks don’t stay closed much into April.

3 Likes

It’s ok. They’ll make up for it with Disney+ subscriptions! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

count me in as another one who doesn’t see the park opening until May. Now is that Mother’s Day May or Memorial Day May? I don’t know.

I will be more able to play this what-if game if we even see kids back in schools.

6 Likes

And then, with schools closed for weeks, are spring trips even still possible? :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I think it’s more what will it do to crowds June through August. I think they will be light until June if any at all. International travel will still be on lock down IMO and there will still be plenty of concerns. If… And this is a Big IF… Concerns and cases take a downward trend by May, you will see the summer travel season explode from the spring breakers moving trips to the summer, especially if travel bans are started to be lifted.

1 Like

I was thinking that southern states might usually be done Mid May and now what will happen?

all K-12 is shut down in PA for 2 weeks and as of right now they are not adding the time on to the end. at least that is my understanding but don’t know what they will do if they keep the schools closed longer than the current plan.

1 Like

Even northern states are asking ourselves what this means for the school year

1 Like