What will replace DME?

A town car typically refers to a larger sedan that seats 4 passengers in addition to the driver. It should be able to hold luggage for 4 as well as long as you aren’t overpacked. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: However, if you want more room I would go for an SUV, minivan, van, limo, etc.

2 Likes

I’m not 100% sure I know what that is either :joy: but I think I do. Thanks!

1 Like

Overpack?! Me? Never! Thanks!

2 Likes

Really? I’m surprised. Every British person I know calls then saloons. In the US, we call them sedans. Think like a Mercedes S class, an Audi A8, or. BMW 7 series.

1 Like

I’m not a car person so they may well do but I certainly wouldn’t. My identification of cars is based solely on colour. But I think my husband’s might be a saloon. It isn’t the same as mine anyway and mine is quite small. You wouldn’t get 4 suitcases in it.

3 Likes

Wow! That’s insane. I wonder if it’s just spring break surges or if they are just gouging because they can. I saw reports of a rental car shortage over the last couple weeks too.

1 Like

Maybe think of them kind of like US police cars. With the longer front and back of the car, but with a large comfy back seat.

2 Likes

Me too! I don’t even drive and I have zero interest in what kind of car it is, as long as it’s red. Or silver if I must.

2 Likes

I think they’re doing their best to make us never want to use it again, just to get us ready. After waiting in a check-in line that went all the way back to the car rentals, we’ve now been waiting almost 30 minutes and so far they’ve only loaded 3 busses total, obviously not ours.

EDIT- total time from getting in line to getting in a bus: 93 minutes.

EDIT 2 - something is dripping on us… we got the drippy row

1 Like

Oh no! That’s terrible! Aack! Do I really want to send my DM alone on that instead of us going to pick her up???

Maybe you’re using all your bad mojo up for the trip and the rest will be all pixie dust!

1 Like

Was the wait longer because you arrived late at night? Seems like others have waited like 15-30 min or so. Or maybe it’s spring break effect?

I think some of it was the lateness, and a lot of it was the weather. Central FL had really nasty storms today and yesterday, and Orlando wasn’t taking flights for awhile today so a bunch of plans arrived at the same time, later than planned. They only had one person doing check-in, so I think that’s where the lateness comes in. There was still a pretty long line to check in when we got on the bus, too.

3 Likes

For the record, we were originally scheduled to land at 7:25, but our flight was canceled and then we miraculously got on a flight leaving at 5:39 (45 minutes later than ours), but they had been delayed since 12:40!

We actually touched down at 8:07, but sat on the tarmac for awhile waiting for traffic to clear, and then waiting for a crew to come and pull a plane away from our gate. By the time we got our bags it was almost 9:00.

2 Likes

I’m familiar with the word in this context, but I couldn’t tell you what one is. I think it might be the opposite of “hatchback”. I also think it’s quite an old-fashioned term.

1 Like

I chose my car mostly because of its colour.

2 Likes

A saloon is something from a good ol’ fashioned Western, isn’t it?

Doors burst open, John Wayne swaggers out and confronts the new guy in town.

3 Likes

Same root derivative, totally different applications.
The Brits I know that use the word are all “car people.” Maybe that’s the difference?

1 Like

As promised, I posted my review of Quicksilver here. I highly recommend them!

4 Likes

You’re the best! I totally forgot about this. Thanks!

2 Likes

Clearly you’ve got to stop hanging out with Ian Fleming

2 Likes