What to watch before trip? Universal IPs

30 years is so much to dig through! That’s part of the problem :joy:

Sounds like the ride has a lot of Side-Show Bob, so maybe I’ll focus on that?

If it matters, I’ve probably only watched 5 complete episodes of The Simpsons in my lifetime, but still found the ride a hoot.

I’m hoping I can get away with 2-3 episodes, just enough to get them familiar with the main characters and common settings/issues.

Also, if you plan on going on the Despicable Me ride, watching the first movie of that would be fun. You don’t NEED it, but you can understand all the relationships better. The ride is no longer a must do since they got rid of the 3D element, but it is still enjoyable.

1 Like

Knowledge of the Simpsons isn’t really required to enjoy the ride b/c the preshow is long with basically watching of an episode (well maybe 1/3 of an episode) that sets up the story of the ride. If your kids have seen a couple of episodes before that they will have a better knowledge of the characters but it’s probably not required.

1 Like

Wikipedia says the following Simpsons episodes feature in the queue videos - I’d recommend Itchy and Scratchy Land in particular:

Homer the Heretic
Itchy and Scratchy Land
Selma’s Choice
The Last Temptation of Krust
Mr. Plow
Brush with Greatness
In Marge We Trust
Lisa The Vegetarian
Marge in Chains
Boy-Scoutz 'n the Hood
A Star is Burns

I think Jurassic World is worthwhile so that you know who Blue is. That way you’ll know why you simultaneously want to pet him/her and worry you will be eaten.

I think watching the first three MIB movies in one weekend is worthwhile. Plus, then you’ll know why you should shoot the pug. :slight_smile: I remember watching one of the sequels a long time after watching the first, and I was disappointed. But, that is because I forgot how silly the first was.

E.T. is very worthwhile and it stands up well considering how old it is.