What to do when you've run out of things to plan?

So, you’ve booked everything, you’ve got your ADRs, you’ve got your fastpasses. You’ve requested your room, you’ve worked out everything you possibly can, and you’re kind of done. On the flip side, with two months to go, your family are just starting to get excited.

So, what do you do? Luckily, I’m trying to update my web development skills, so… Customised trip website!

http://www.trousersoftime.co.uk/Disney_Countdown

It’s a work in progress, so things might be broken and there will be dead links all over the place. It’s also designed for mobile phone, so looks a bit funky on a desktop computer

Please tell me I’ve not become a complete obsessive, my family have started to look at me odd!

3 Likes

I make touring plans for trips & don’t even take as a hobby + testing TP accuracy. I spend hours talking to ppl here about queues & plans. So… maybe I’m not the best judge of who’s obsessive! :sunglasses:

idk why but when I attempt to go to your site my PC / Browser sends up every alarm of “NO! This is a hazardous website! Continuing may result in harm to your computer…”

2 Likes

This website is impressive! I can see this being a huge help to give friends/family who havent been intimately involved in planning every detail a good high level idea of the plan for each day. Are you going to link to daily TP for each day? Also I am very jealous of a 3 week trip!

1 Like

Huh, that’s odd. I get none of that. What Operating system and web browser are you using? I’m not trying to give anyone a virus, promise!

Yep, not published any of my touring plans yet, but they’ll be on there once the link is added to the back end.

Three week trip is definitely a once in a lifetime thing. My mum died last year, and was a huge Disney fan, so only seemed right to spend a chunk.of her inheritance on this

3 Likes

I didn’t get any warnings or messages accessing it on a PC using Chrome

1 Like

Are you on a work computer? It might be the network firewall settings. Or it might be your virus protection software.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m on Chrome as well as is the rest of the family so not seeing anything. It’s probably something to do with SSL certificates or https that I’ve not tested on other devices so will be a learning experience!

I don’t think you are. :smiley: I’m still running Windows 7 & latest version of Chrome

I’m sure this is it. I keep my system on lockdown.

Then again, wouldn’t someone who wanted to give someone a virus claim they aren’t trying to?

Hmmmmmm.

3 Likes

Haha, good point. But if I wanted to give you all viruses, I’d have done it before my fastpass day, so you couldn’t compete!

2 Likes

Hmm. Your logic seems sound.

2 Likes

My planning never ends because I spend too much time on forums like this. I read a trip report or dining report, and ultimately change some aspect of my trip. Same with watching VLOG’s on YouTube - I schedule something new into my plan. In addition, I enjoy buying new clothes and accessories for Disney, which tends to last up until days before I leave. I’m a Shop Disney-aholic, so that doesn’t help … :crazy_face:

1 Like

Watch YouTube videos of what is currently going on in the parks! I’m always surprised by how many new snack options and limited time items or events are popping up. There’s a new dole whip option being announced every few months lately! It’s fun to keep up to date and see the parks through someone else’s eyes to get excited about your trip, too.

1 Like

Dude. This is so wicked cool. As in I’m totally going to copy you and do it too! We have The Great Disney Adventure 2.0 trip coming up in October with 18 of us (so far) and having a website would make it so much easier to stay informed. How is it different to make it for mobile rather than automatically mobile friendly through the site host?

1 Like

Glad I inspired you! I was trying to teach myself a couple of specific web technologies so built it from scratch rather than using a site building package from my hosting. As we were only going to be using it on mobile, I didn’t bother prettying it up for desktop.

1 Like

My answer was going to be: Keep tweaking and changing and obsessing over every little detail, change whole portions of your day, dump ADR’s get new ones, then change them back, repeat until the day you leave.

I like your method better, what an awesome idea. I have been thinking about making a power point for my family, although I’m probably the only one who wants to look at it.
Also, I had no trouble viewing your site in Safari.

2 Likes

Today was my FPP day. So I spent part of my day thinking that I need to make myself a “I survived FPP day” T-shirt. :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve added my touring plans on to the site now if you wanted to be nosy! :stuck_out_tongue: