What time to leave the hotel for Tusker House ADR?

Hello, this is my first time posting to the forum. I’m typically a lurker but everyone seems so nice here, so I thought I would ask my questions. We have an ADR for Tusker House breakfast pre-RD for 8:20am. I was wondering what time we would need to leave our hotel in order to make it to our reservation on time? We’re staying at Pop. Is there a special place we need to go when we get to the park to be let in?

Welcome to the forum! I would recommend being at the bus stop no later than 7:15. I am assuming that it is not an EMH morning. In that case, there will be a special line for people with reservations. The earlier the better because they will likely let you in right at 8 or even before because you’ll be on their list. This will give you a chance to leisurely make your way to TH, enjoying a nearly empty park along the way.

Ditto the above. The walk from the busses to the gate at AK is rather long, and TH is pretty far back in the park. I would be at the bus stop by 7:00 and take the first AK bus that comes along.

Thank you both so much. I’m glad I asked! I really don’t have a feel for how long it takes to get around Disney property using the buses.

2 Likes

Always assume it’s going to take longer than you expect both for buses and for walking distances. It’s also sometimes worth taking a cab or uber to save some time if you are trying to make it to an ADR on time. My family is constantly running late for everything, so I need to practice what I preach more. A pre-RD ADR is worth getting there early for or it almost defeats the purpose.

That’s good advice that I’ll keep in mind. Ha, That sounds a lot like us too! I always intend to be early to everything, but with a 4 year old, that doesn’t always pan out. We will have our own vehicle that we can drive if we have to, but would prefer not as we really don’t know our way around.

Glad others could answer your question but I wanted to say ‘hi’ and welcome! Hope you continue to join us here! :smile:

Hi @LoveBug53! Thanks for the welcome, that’s so nice! Such a lovely bunch of people here. :smiley:

2 Likes

:blush: This really is a great community! Glad you’re here!