What time should I arrive for EMH at MK?

Hey guys! Ok, so I’m going to Magic Kingdom on December 30th - yes, I might be crazy, lol. The EMH start at 8am. What time should I be at the gate? If I arrive at 7h30, will it already be crowded?

Many thanks!!

Speaking from my recent trip (not as busy as when you will be there) We arrived at 730 and there were plenty of people there. I wouldn’t say it was anywhere near crowded, there was plenty of room to move around and such, but there was a good amount of people there. It then continued to build as it got closer to park open.
The tricky part is that I didn’t really notice it, I was too busy watching the train station and the welcome show. All of a sudden I turned after the welcome show and there were a lot more people.

Thanks!! I might get there around 7:30 or a bit earlier then!

If uou want to be there at the “head of the pack” 45-60 min before opening on a day as crowded as Dec 30th will no doubt be is probably better. If you don’t care about being in the “first wave”, 30 min is probably OK.

I’m not sure if this is your first time to MK or not, so I just want to make sure you know that getting to the gate can take a lot of time, depending on how you arrive MK.

If you are using Disney transport, then you don’t have to worry about this since the Disney buses drop you off at the MK security check - which is right in front of the gate.

If you are driving, you have to park, walk to the monorail or ferry boat, ride the monorail or ferry boat, walk to security, get through security, and get through the “turnstiles” before being at the gate. This can take 10-30 minutes depending on crowds.

True, Adam, I need to take that in consideration, thanks! Do you think if I take the bus at 7am at the Pop Century, I will be at the MK at a decent time? I’m not sure the buses will run earlier than that, right?

According to Disney info, they start running 45 minutes before the park opens. So that would mean 7:15. But I recommend you ask a CM at the hotel what is the first bus to MK on that day. Hopefully they’ll have an accurate answer.

According to TP info on Pop Century, the buses run about every 12 minutes in the morning and it will take you about 26 minutes to get there.

Ummm, I might get an uber then. Thank you! :slight_smile:

If you’ve never used Uber before, you can use this code to save up to $25 off your first ride. Just enter in the Promotions tab of the app before you order your first car: n4rcz1pkue

Lyft also operates there. You can use this code to get up to $50 in ride credits if you are a new Lyft rider: AWFB2016

Unofficially, they do start running buses 1 hour before the earliest dining reservation. This is just a slight variation from what typically gets put out there. The difference between “park opening” and “first reservation” time. Essentially, Disney knows that people have those early ADR’s and want to be able to get them there. You don’t usually get this answer from the front desk, although I actually did a couple weeks ago. And it may not yet be something you can count on, but I have had early ADR’s (up to 1 hour before park opening) several times on trips and never had a problem using WDW buses to get there.
Long explanation for me to say that I think if you are out there at 7, maybe a few minutes before, you should be fine to get there by 7:30 at the latest and be dropped off at the front gates. If you want to get there sooner, then maybe consider alternate methods.

1 Like

Now I’m torn between waiting for a bus and getting an uber, lol! I guess I’ll decide on that morning! Thanks!!

1 Like

Buses start running around 6:30/6:45am for all four parks. When we did an 8am EMH, we got on one of the first buses and was there just after 7. There were already some people there. Bag check was quick and easy and we were one of the first in line at the tapstiles.

1 Like

Good to know! I guess I will arrive at the bus stop around 6:30 and if they don’t arrive by 6:45 I’ll get an uber! Thanks!

actually, change of plans: the EMH just changed to start at 7am, not 8! Guess I’ll have to take the bus at 6:15, lol