What should we do with the Genie+/ILL Drop thread?

There are categories???

I remember trying to find a thread in there and failing.

Where is the sort button? Not sure it works on my iPad very well.

1 Like

I dont recall the drop times being mentioned by the TP blog writers.

LaCava can be accessed by anyone that sets up a free account (same account that can use the ADR finder).

6 Likes

Not necessarily the drop times, but all the detailed G+ analysis and analytics. Sure there is plenty that is regurgitated among a lot of Dis news sources, but we’re paying for access to things and the blog gives it away for free to whoever stumbles upon it. I just feel like things like that should be part of our benefit as paid members and leave the general things to the public.

1 Like

I personally think thrill data is the best kept secret. (If one is willing to put the time in) But its free. And has been mentioned here over many threads.

4 Likes

I didn’t realize that! It may make more sense to move it there then because it’s not really excluding anyone, but keeps it off search… I know we can’t stop people from reading/republishing or creating accounts, but it might be worth it just to make it not searchable on Google…

2 Likes

If the drop thread moves to La Cava I would probably ask for the thrilldata thread to be moved there as well. Using thrilldata you can find new drops, it basically teaches people how to fish :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You can change easily by just editing your initial post.

2 Likes

I still think it will always be a very slim percentage of people that feel the need to dive into this. I had mentioned thrill data for drops 5 months ago. So it’s been quite a while @DWJoe .

4 Likes

Is this possible? My wife tried to set up an account not that long ago, and she wasn’t allowed because she didn’t have a paid membership. It wouldn’t let her.

I can’t post a link because it goes to my log in page

This should help a Google search. Sorry I can’t provide a link!

2 Likes

Well, look at that! Thanks.

I’m supportive of whatever you decide, @mikejs78. Seems like there’s not much down side, other than making the thread a little less prominent (which would be a fair reason to keep as is if you like).

In any case, thanks for making such a valuable thread and for all your incredible research! You (and others) deserve a Nobel Prize. :trophy::medal_sports:

6 Likes

I am suddenly imagining you on the committee deciding who gets the Nobel prize.

“Oh, they should get it because it was such a great concept! But, this other person is so deserving as well! And let’s not forget about the contributions of these others. Oh, well… let’s give the prize to ALL of them!”

4 Likes

I’ll just be happy if I can get an LL for Slinky Dog…

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It would be very sad if you couldn’t, after all your hard work.

5 Likes

This is how it looks on my iPad.

4 Likes

I must have my settings different.

I only have the WDW category showing as a default. If I want one of the others I choose it from the drop down.

But I didin’t realise you could sort the display of threads. Not sure where to do that.

I don’t know, that’s how mine has always looked. Oh I think I did hit categories when I started. I usually use my phone so I was momentarily confused.

Very similar to how it looks on my PC laptop.

1 Like