What’s in your suitcase?

Good morning,

We are T-14 days this morning. To say that I am excited is an understatement at this point. My spreadsheets have spreadsheets (only a slight exaggeration), I have cheat notes for RotR and FPP drop times typed into my iPhone, my lists of what to buy have been reduced to next to nothing and I am feeling a little lost. I’ve even started monitoring the weather (which was not terribly satisfying as it took literally a minute).

I’ve got my packing under control, too. However, I thought it might be fun to play what’s in your suitcase? Will you humour this impatient Liner? :crazy_face: Besides the obvious packing items everyone brings with them, what special or different thing(s) do you never leave home without when you head to the World?

Thanks!

1 Like

Collapsible drying rack. There is not enough room in those rooms for multiple swimsuits!!

1 Like

Any recommendations on a drying rack?

The waiting is awful!!! This is our longest trip (6 nights!!!) but we are bringing the least amount of stuff! Gone are the days of pull-ups, toys, etc (there is one lone space mountain Mickey making the trip!). Plus I don’t mind doing laundry since my kiddo plans on sleeping late every day! our clothes fit in our carry ons, but we are checking a bag full of food and toiletries that I’ve picked up on sale all year. Orderiing bread, yogurt, fruit to be delivered (already done because I am that impatient). Also some books that I picked up at our school’s used book fair. Got packing cubes this year and they are so much more fun than using zip lock bags! Also packing more patience this time! My parents are getting more stubborn as they get older and my daughter has fully become easily exasperated with me now that she is a tween! At least she is still willing to do some matching shirts!!!
It’s annoying that the time moves so slowly while waiting and then flies by once we get there!!! Hope everyone has some wonderful vacations!!!

1 Like

I have this one. It fits in my largest suitcase without issue and assembled in minutes. I like that I can stand it up in the tub if things are dripping wet, or in the main room if someone is having a shower. It’s affordable as well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Space-Saving-Drying-Rack-White/583820386

3 Likes

T-14 also. The weather is all over the place, and I still haven’t figured out my clothing situation. Odd for me because “outfits” are a large part of my Disney trips. Two things in my suitcase for sure - Pedialyte and Emergen-C drink mixes.

1 Like

Planning on bringing this time— pop up hamper. Read the tip here. Brilliant!

2 Likes

Will never travel again without the liquid Tylenol/Ibuprofen and syringe dispensers my kids are used to. Last time I only brought chewables…my little one got sick with fever and would not take the chewable or any of the brands available at the baby care centers/gift shops. Lesson learned!

1 Like

Everything I can bring from home. Seriously. I would rather have it and not use it than need it and have to go hunting it down (using up time and at a higher price point usually). We normally drive, so that helps. But when we did fly it was Southwest so I could take as much luggage as the rental van could hold.

4 Likes

We flew southwest so our party of 6 could have brought 12 bags free if we wanted to. :joy:. We had one suitcase that was literally a case of bottled water. (Including that one, we took 4!). Also a case of fiber one bars for “first breakfast” to tide us over until after RD and a bakery stop.

Ziploc bags in various sizes for gathering food at the parks. For instance, at MK we got 2 turkey legs while the booth was still open, put in XL ziploc, and stuck them in our backpack. That and other things we gathered were our picnic dinner staking out our spot for fireworks. They were the envy of those around us.

Eyeglass straps. Bracketed folder with trading card pages for sorcerers of the kingdom cards. Extra device batteries (highly recommend anker brand) and charging cables. Usual stuff like wet wipes, hand sanitizer, Dramamine…,

Full range of clothes. January. We were in jackets with gloves at RD the first couple of days and wearing shorts by the end of the week. Rain ponchos but never used them.

Wish we had known about the little things to keep your magic bands on. We lost one the first day. Luckily it was a basic one and easily replaced.

3 Likes

Ponchos, small umbrellas, pillowcases to sort in dirty laundry as we shed clothes, prescription allergy and asthma medicine (even though we haven’t used them in months), and a hanging collapsible cloth shoe rack to keep stuff organized.

1 Like

I pack a nightlight for navigating an unfamiliar room in the dark to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

3 Likes

Power strips or extension cord.

Gobs of glow sticks from Dollar General.

Often decorations: packing today for 14 days we might be including green LED light strings. Gotta decorate your room !

Almost forgot the five pairs of comfy shoes (at least)

1 Like

A ridiculous number of ears and MBs–usually about 10-12 each. They have to match with my outfits.

4 Likes

Plastic containers to bring snacks into the park to stop the squirrels from getting into things. Autograph book and Sharpies, pennies for making wishes, a cinch sack, ponchos, an extra pair of good shoes for walking, extra socks.

1 Like

Stuff i pack usually for Disney that is a bit more. Funny i tend to pack more stuff for Disney than any other trip.

Pop up hamper. Over the door shoe holder for small things. Rain gear. Bandaids. Laundry pods and dryer sheets. Cloths pins for bathing suits and closing the curtains.

We stay at all stars musin. So I pack something to decorate the windows with. I usually draw make them myself. I have done the little mermaid kiss the girl scene and a monsters inc scene.

2 Likes