What park each day?

I’d recommend skipping the water park and using that $ on park hoppers. I agree with @ryan1 that having that flexibility, taking some midday breaks, and not going from rope drop to close is a nice idea. For example,.you could do 1 and a half days at DHS, and use the second half day to just take in the ambiance and food at World Showcase. Or head for an extra evening at MK. It really opens up a lot.

POFQ has a great pool - using that as a rest day may be more restful than a water park anyways.

5 Likes

Agreed. Water parks are not restful. All those stairs to climb! They are exhausting.

3 Likes

At Soak City earlier this week, after just a few hours, I literally couldn’t walk up another staircase that day. My legs felt like jelly!

2 Likes

Thank you all for that wonderful advice. I am going to talk to my best friend (the other family who we are going with) about this…I really think skipping the water park and using that money for park hoppers might be the way to go. As you suggested…it does open up a lot more options! Without park hopper I feel like we have to do rope drop the park close but this way if there is something we really like that was at a park we only intended on going to once - then we can return!

I really appreciate it everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

One more question actually, specifically about park hopper now that I am considering this instead of a water park :slight_smile: If we get park hopper and for example start at Magic Kingdom how does genie plus work? If I am going to AK next…can I make genie plus reservations for MK anytime and also for AK anytime starting after 2? So as an example, at 7am make a MK reservation for BTMR for 930am and then at 9:30am make a genie plus for Everest for say 230pm? I know you cant park hop until 2…and I also know about the genie rules as far as booking when you are doing one park … just not how it works with park hopper.

Thanks!

1 Like

You have it right. In some cases people don’t even bother booking G+ in their first park, and just stack LLs in the second park as they tour the first park in Standby. Just depends on what makes most sense.

One thing to pay attention though is while you will start booking LLs in the second park for times as early as 2:00, you may want to have more break time between the first and second park.

I can’t speak to first hand experience on this, though. I don’t plan to pay for G+ at all!

2 Likes

I absolutely love park hoppers! But I think it works best if you visited WDW multiple times and don’t need to do every single attraction.

1 Like

Thank you Ryan! I feel like I’m order to do the rides we want to do that we will have to get genie plus for at least MK and HWS… Adds so much $ to the trip though…especially if you add to every day.

Yes, I can see that! We have 7 days so I feel we could easily stick to one each day and then MK for a second. That leaves us two more days to play with (one being a rest day)… Would be nice to have some flexibility for that other day but I also don’t know if it is worth it to add that money. I do like the sounds of it though and am definitely tempted!!

3 Likes

I’m a big fan of park hoppers, especially now that park reservations have taken away any possibility of flexibility/spontaneity without them

2 Likes

We also love the park hopper. I think of it as insurance. In case something doesn’t work out with a must-do in one of the parks, we have the option to go back.

4 Likes

Great point!!

So true!! At least you can still hop to another park if you didn’t get something done there but don’t have that park reservation!

2 Likes

I’d rather use the money for G+ than hopping. And I’d rather add days than hopping. I haven’t priced it out in a while, but it used to be cheaper to add days than add hoppers.

1 Like