What other destinations to visit before even considering the Galactic Starcruiser?

Machu Picchu is a dream of mine.

Thanks! :smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m Midwestern, and I feel like any display of money is frowned upon. If you get something nice you feel like you have to mention how you got it on sale. I had to hold myself back from mentioning that I got a 25% credit from Nat Geo when they delayed the trip. It’s pretty ingrained.

4 Likes

Oh same here.

1 Like

I will add to the pile of fans of Glacier. It’s hard to believe it’s a real place when you’re there, and even harder (TWSS for those who want to take this to La Cava :smirk:) when you look at the photos you took later.

My family did road trips when I was younger, and I can’t remember all the stops, but we did one that was Colorado (Red Rocks, Rocky Mtn NP and Pike’s Peak, Garden of the Gods), Wyoming (Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Devil’s Tower) and also a side trip to Salt Lake City to visit family.

I hate road trips now and I hate that I hate them. I can’t stand being in the car for more than a few hours. I loved the trips with my family and I wouldn’t trade them for anything. I haven’t been able to bring myself to do these trips for my own kids and I know I’m doing them a disservice. They’ve been to FL several times now and we are about done with that. Maybe I’ll try to arrange a Glacier one since it was hands down my favorite.

3 Likes

Oh! Take the Amtrak if you don’t want to be on the road. It picks up in St Paul at like 11 PM, so you can sleep through the boring Dakotas. It dropped of at 8 am, I think. There are two stops in Glacier - one East and one West.
So, it’s a lot of hours on the train, but you can get up and move around. There was a nice observation car with tables to play games. We flew out (direct via Sun Country) and took Amtrak back. For us, it was such a relaxing way to end our vacation.
We did splurge for the sleeper cars - which include meals, and that was surprisingly delightful.

This was definitely how we felt about Glacier, too!

2 Likes

I didn’t even know that was a thing! Thanks!

1 Like

Australia, Live-a-board Great Barrier Reef.

Our two-week Disney World trip cost less than that.

You have to find some other people, but I remember considering renting a castle in Ireland with some friends. It was 8-10 people (I forget). Cost 10K a week. Came with servants and limo with driver and meals etc in the castle. Even assuming the cost was double, it would still be cheaper per person.

1 Like

Did you already go to London and Ireland this year? I feel like I just got back but want to go again and it feels like a “deal” now with the exchange rates!!

1 Like

Yes! We went on spring break and had a wonderful time. We could have easily spent the whole time in and around London, but the flights to Dublin were so cheap that we decided to hop over there for a few days. We split the time between Kilkenny and Dublin.

1 Like

Awesome! We did Scotland and London so still have Ireland on the bucket list.

1 Like