What Makes Chef Mickey's So Special?

My family love it. Went for dinner, enjoyed the buffet, found service was great. Eldest felt unwell and even tho he had gone to get food the cm deleted him from the check when we said he was going back to our villa (we were staying at Blt). We’re were probably there for 90 minutes and saw all the characters twice.

Everyone said it was a must do for our next trip. It’s not gourmet dining but there was enough choice for us all.

I saw all 5 at the holiday dinner at Hollywood and Vine and it felt really special to see them in all of their holiday outfits. I’ve never been to Chef Mickey’s but I’ve heard it’s loud. I don’t really care for the chef’s outfits either so it’s never on my list.

I personally do not even like Chef Mickey’s… I might do breakfast there if I was staying at CR/BLT, but otherwise I’d always go elsewhere.

1 Like

We went to Chef Mickey’s last August for Brunch and my kids loved it, my husband and I thought it was fair. They LOVED that Mickey “cooked” for them. All of the character interactions were wonderful, they epecially loved the napkin dance. I remember only being there for about 1 hour for all the characters. The food was not great, but decent.

The biggest issue for me was that we had to wait FOREVER, this has been the only time we have ever not been seated either right away or within 15 minutes for an ADR…we waited maybe an hour past our ADR to be seated. The nice part is that our fast passes were still honored even though we were late after our lunch.

Update: the super awesome Touring Plans Reservations Finder App found us a 10:30am reservation at Chef Mickey’s, so I swapped out our 12:55, and fixed our FPP+s appropriately. Thanks so much to everyone here for all of the help and support!

Just a note: for the second time, the TP App found an available time, but MDE wasn’t able to change the time (we got an error, and we were told to call in, however this time I was able to make the time change over the phone). I don’t know what’s up with ADRs, but it might even be better to call when you get the text/email WHILE you are trying online if you get an availability that is important for you.

1 Like