What is your favorite character dinning?

We are planning a trip in May '16 with DD11, DS 6, and DD 5. DD 11 and I have been to CRT which she loved but we are debating if we want to make a return trip there or try something (maybe 2 somethings) new.
So, I was wondering what some of the favorites are and thought, “Why not ask the experts?” :smile:

For that many girls I suggest 1900 park faire, with Cinderella, Prince charming, the step sisters and lady tremaine. The lady and sisters are a lot of fun, and Cinderella pays a lot of attention to the little princesses from what I have seen.

1 Like

Our favorite (maybe it’s just nostalgia because we’ve done it every visit since my DD was 2) is preRD Crystal Palace for breakfast w/Winnie the Pooh & friends!

I second 1900 Park Faire. The step sisters and Lady Tremaine were a riot! The food was excellent, as well. Our daughters also liked Akershus at Epcot with the princesses.

1 Like

I’m with @kelgod09 … There’s just something a little magical about a pre rd CP! Memories of my ds when he was two with piglet smothering him over breakfast waffles is something I will never forget! (He turns 6 in October… Waaahhhhhhh)

@kelgod09 @rachaelmac22 I have thought about CP but my kids have never been big on Winnie the Pooh. Although, there is something about them being there “in-person” that kind of transcends preference and it would be different than CRT.

@Jedilogray @Mom2Girls1980 that sounds like a ton of fun! I will have to checkout 1900. I hadn’t really looked at it too seriously so I will have to change that :slight_smile:

Thank you for all the suggestions!! I love hearing about other people’s experiences!

1 Like

The Disney Jr one at Hollywood and Vine is awesome for small kids (I on the other hand was not impressed with the food). I love Tusker House for the food and the characters (the 1 ADR I really wanted for our upcoming trip). My son got to get up and dance with characters at both those locations. I did not think Chef Mickey’s was anything special, and would probably not do it again. I also did not care for breakfast at 1900 (did not think the characters, service, or food was good).
The other cool thing about an early ADR at Hollywood and Vine is that you get to take a picture on Hollywood Blvd (in front of the hat) with no one in the background.

My favorite character dining experience so far has been Tusker House. I also really like Garden Grill - though it is a bit dated, the character interactions and the food were good. For princesses, we loved Akershus, but we only tried breakfast.

Edited to add: We have done CP a few times and it’s fine, but the food is mediocre and I felt very rushed last time. Have not tried CRT, but do have 1900 PF reservations for our next trip.

1900 Park Fare Dinner!

1 Like

Loved Tusker House (AK) and Crystal Palace (MK). The food at TH was great. We also enjoyed Chef Mickey’s late breakfast - so fun! Loved BOG dinner (w/ Beast photo) however it’s not really a character meal since you don’t interact with the Beast except for the end. The food was wonderful!