What is your daily budget?

We’ve used the dining plan once because it was included with our stay so it was “free”. We didn’t like keeping track of available credits (pre-MDE, so I realize it might be easier now). We also didn’t like being limited in what we ordered since not everything was on the plan. Our last trip in early 2020, we ate pay-as-you go. Two adults, eight days / seven nights. After the trip I added up all the receipts and discovered we saved about $200 overall by not getting the dining plan. We had only two TS and we noshed our way through the Festival of the Arts, so YMMV.

2 Likes

When our two kids were still considered “children” by Disney, the dining plan was an excellent value for us and I think I did a great job at maxing it out.

Once the oldest became an “adult” it became more expensive than useful for us. :slightly_frowning_face:

Using gift cards or just paying OOP works best for us now.

1 Like

I plan for $30-$40 a day, per person (snacks and souvenirs), averaged over trip. I dont include actual meals or lodging/parking in this. But I do have and average of $75-$90 per person a day meals (3 meals a day). Some day spend less, some day spend more but I plan where we eat ahead of time and make sure end of day we spend it on average. Tickets are what they are. I add this all up. This figure what Im realistically willing to spend. This difference is for lodging and extra experiences. Then I find these in my left over budget. If I find I want more, I up the budget and save more (then what already goes in the vacation fund).

2 Likes

That won’t last … you have a reputation.

4 Likes

But at least @sanstitre_has_left_the_building is trying! Might take a dozen trips though :sunglasses:

3 Likes