What IS that chocolate pie?

Everytime I open the disneyworld.disney.go.com website, it shows me a picture of an amazing looking chocolatey slice of pie on a blue plate with a scoop of ice cream. What IS that dessert??? Where do they serve it??? I’ve seen it so many times and it looks so yummy!

3 Likes

I’m over on Lines searching through menu items the contain the word “chocolate”. It looks like a flour-less chocolate cake maybe, but in the meantime, I’m gaining pounds by the minute looking at everything chocolate on Disney menus….

1 Like

Liner Librarian to the rescue. Where can I find THAT Chocolate Dessert at Walt Disney World?! | the disney food blog

3 Likes

And then it was ruined by putting coffee in it… boooooo

2 Likes

Blah. Why did they have to ruin a perfectly good chocolate dessert with espresso! Oh well, thanks for finding it.

3 Likes

Here she comes to save the day! Liner Librarian’s on her way! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I worked in a library for ten years, so I know how wonderful Librarians are!!

1 Like

@scrapper1617 - I still really think of myself as a librarian, but I haven’t worked in about 12 years. I’ve been a reference librarian, a children’s librarian and an administrator/materials selector. It’s funny how looking up answers to Liner questions scratches the librarian itch for me.

3 Likes

It’s been about 16 yrs since I worked in children’s acquisitions and archives acquisitions. I loved unpacking all the boxes of children’s books! (archives wasn’t quite as much fun😊).

1 Like

Looking at the recipe, I don’t think that the coffee flavor would be too overwhelming. Probably adds some bitterness to a dessert that otherwise would have been made with unsweetened dark chocolate.

3 Likes

Espresso enhances the flavor of chocolate. Most times you don’t even taste it. Unless you are specifically wanting to taste the coffee.

The smell of coffee makes me think of Figment, tee hee hee. :coffee:

Whoa, wait, it has espresso too? It’s a mocha concoction? Yikes, even better than it looks. Adding this to my plans… :wink: oh wait… turf club… not in the parks… not happening… will just have to try to make it then.

1 Like

That was my thoughts exactly. It sounds like pure deliciousness!!! Too bad I won’t be making my way to SS.