What is on your Disney bucket list?

When we first started taking the kids to DLR, we were go-go-go! We really didn’t take a lot of time to smell the daisy’s. As a result there was a lot magic I was missing out on. So I made list (it is more of a mental list) of items I want to do.

It started when I had to cancel our WDW vacation in December 2017. We decided to take the money and do a different style trip than we usually do DLR. First, bumped up to the DLH (to this point, we had only stayed at PPH), then we had dinner at Blue Bayou and watched Fantasmic for the first time. The next trip we started to hit rides and shows we don’t normally do like the Sailing ship, The pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer’s Island, canoes, etc. I also have food/restraunts on my bucket list. So far I have I have marked off Blue Bayou, Riverbelle Terrace for the seated viewing of Fantasmic, Carnation Cafe to eat some of Walts recipes, and Cafe Orleans and got the gumbo, pomfrittes, and hot chocolate beignets.

Items I still have on my list:

Tours - Great Moment’s with Lincoln, the tour “Walk in Walt’s Footsteps’” and if they ever bring it back, the train tour so I can ride in the Lilly Belle car.

Rides - I need to finish the two main street vehicles I have not ridden on, Fire Engine and Omni bus. I want to ride in the front of the mono rail and Captain the Mark Twain Riverboat. Of course I still need to ride RotR.

Non-ride attractions - Animation academy, the bakery tour (we have tried 3 times and all three we were not able to do it), Frozen at the Hyperion, and story telling at Royal Theater (I saw Beauty and the beast, but I have it on good authority that they do other shows too, Rapunzel I believe?).

Food experiences - I want to do tea at Steak House 55 (both the Halloween and Christmas one), and Breakfast with Minnie at Plaza, Lamp Light Lounge (never been)

I want to have a “plaid” once in my life, even if it is shared (can be at DL or WDW)

What is on your list? I don’t care how simple or grand or which park, just share your dreams…

7 Likes

Victoria and Albert’s

4 Likes

At WDW, my list has not really been curated yet. I have only been once. Some items I missed out on that I am eager to do are:

DAH (any of them), the Halloween and Christmas party, Food and Wine, one of the running events (I have completed 9 half marathons, it would be amazing if I could do # 10 at WDW), the Wild Africa Trek, Up close with the rhinos, Caring for giants, Bead service at Sanaa, and the brunch at GFH.

I am sure there is much more , but that is all I can think of for the moment.

3 Likes

I haven’t been to DLR since 1977.

Here are reasons I would like to go back: Carsland, Nightmare Before Christmas overlay at the Haunted Mansion. That’s it. Hm. I need to expand this list.

3 Likes

there’s so, so much on my bucket list but one of the top items is going to disneyland.

3 Likes

There are lots more reasons you need to go back! But you might have to go to figure out what they are! DLR = :heart:

2 Likes

While I agree that that there is a lot more to see at DLR, those two are great reasons!

2 Likes

My list is basically everything I haven’t done yet since I’m a completist as far as rides and attractions. Dining, tours, etc. are a little less essential to me but there are a few I’d like to try.

Disneyland Bucket List

Rides and attractions:

• Rise of the Resistance!!! Please let me go! :sob:
  • Savi’s Workshop (lightsaber)
  • Main Street vehicles
  • Sailing Ship Columbia
  • Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
  • Goofy’s Sky School

Dining

• Carthay Circle
  • Lamplight Lounge
  • Steakhouse 55
  • Club 33

Resorts

• Paradise Pier

Tours

• Walt’s Apartment (any which way)

Walt Disney World Bucket List

Rides and Attractions

• Country Bear Jamboree
  • Monsters’ Inc. Laugh Floor
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle
  • Hall of Presidents
  • Wildlife Express Train / Conservation Station
  • Slinky Dog Dash
  • Alien Swirling Saucers
  • Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
  • Frozen Ever After
  • Reflections of China
  • Impressions de France
  • Canada Far & Wide

Dining

• Cinderella’s Royal Table
  • Skipper Canteen
  • Yak & Yeti
  • Sacred Space
  • Sanaa
  • Le Cellier
  • Biergarten

Resorts

• I want to do a month-long trip staying at each hotel

Other Parks and Experiences

• Disney Cruise!
  • Tokyo
  • Paris
  • Shanghai
  • Hong Kong
  • Star Wars Galactic Cruiser Hotel
5 Likes

DLR Bucketlist:

• Stay at DLH and/or GCH
  • Character meal - preferably Minnie’s breakfast at the Plaza
  • Blue Bayou (I’ve done it once but not for a long time)
  • Walk in Walt’s Footsteps Tour and hopefully see his apartment above the Fire Station!

WDW Bucketlist:

• Behind the scenes tours at AK especially the Caring for Giants. Recently found out that elephants from our local zoo (Pt. Defiance Zoo and Aquarium) were transferred to AK. Do not know if they are still alive since this was a while ago. But one of those elephants my niece rode here in Tacoma back in 1990.

I will have to ponder on WDW a little longer. One of my big bucketlist items was a savanna view at AKL and we did that in August!

4 Likes

Whoops! On my phone and accidentally deleted my previous post! What I was trying to say is we are the opposite here at our local zoo. We have a rhino from animal kingdom and she had a baby last year.

2 Likes

No V&A or you’ve done that?

1 Like

I haven’t done that … and maybe I’m weird but I’m nervous to do such a fancy dining experience, especially on vacation. I’ve been to very high end restaurants before for work, and they can be great (especially if it’s a steakhouse), but I’m not into super frilly fancy foods or having to be dressed up to enjoy a meal. I would feel anxious the whole time and not relaxed. Am I alone?

Anyway, I would like to try it someday, once just to see.

2 Likes

My understanding from friends who have done it is that they go out of their way to make you feel at ease and remove any pretense from the equation. They want you to have a thoroughly enjoyable night, and they work hard to that end.

I’m going someday. I am.

5 Likes

That’s reassuring! Maybe I will try it after all. Not sure how long I’ll have to wait with 4 kids though!

2 Likes

my DH said I’m not bringing dress clothes on vacay. And we cancelled brunch at GF at desk when my DH didn’t feel dressed enough. So, I get it. I’ve gotten to the point of NGAF. But what worries me more is the price tag… is it worth it… most times not

4 Likes

Till they’re out of the house. $$$

2 Likes

Yeah mine are a lot older than yours (16 and 12) so it’s easier. Will have to go either solo or with a friend though as DH is a plain Jane appetite and will not enjoy it at all.

3 Likes

I have seen CBJ multiple times, but not since my 2002 visit. I always plan to see it again, but then when time gets tight in MK, it is always one of the first to get cut from the plan. I suspect this attraction is not one that will be around forever so maybe next time.

Oddly enough as a kid in the '80s I remember waiting in a long line for CBJ. Now it is always just a wait until the next show begins.

2 Likes

Definitely not alone. Besides, I think the very cost would interfere with any attempt to get pleasure out of the experience. And I hate to eat in a tie and jacket.
ETA: I don’t have the interest or patience to engage in a 3+ hour food orgy.

2 Likes

Liner meet at V&A? :wink:

3 Likes