What is it like waiting for the park to open?

It’s like Christmas morning when your folks wouldn’t let you downstairs yet, only you have several thousand strangers waiting at the top of the stairs with you. It is a wonderful moment of anticipation.

No coffee shop outside the gates - bring stuff with you.
You go through security ahead of the area where you wait for ropes to drop. It takes just moments to pass under the train station and into Town Square :heart:

30 minutes early is minimum, depending on crowd level.

1 Like

Just thought I’d add that in December when we rode Disney transportation (bus) to parks, the drivers allowed me to carry my coffee onboard as long as my cup had a lid on it. Our room in POFQ had a coffee maker and paper cups, but no lids, so a stop into the resort’s quick service restaurant was needed. Coffee in mass quantities at that time of AM is needed!

1 Like

We have stayed at POFQ often. Our rule of thumb for MK and buses is to be at the bus stop no later than 70 min before park opening. It is a quick trip, so there have been mornings we have been at the park almost an hour early. One cold Jan morning, when we got lucky and the bus was pulling up as we walked up, we were among the first people at the tapstyles, and were selected for family of the day.

We typically drive everywhere else, and our rule of thumb is to be in the car no less than 60 min before park opening. With that plan, we have gotten to DHS, Epcot, and AK no less than 30 min before opening which has been fine. Note that this is in January/February, when the crowds are lower.

2 Likes

and bagels!
and donuts!
somebody please star building this!