What happens to my fastpasses if I change to a non-Disney hotel?

I have booked the Doubletree Disney Springs for 11 nights in October so that we could have EEMH at Galaxy’s Edge ( I know I could have done 2 or 3 nights, but we hate changing hotels ). Next week I can start reserving fastpasses at the 60 day window. Later, if the crowds at Galaxy’s Edge are not so bad as expected and I decide to change hotel to a non-Disney ( I love the Hilton Tuscany Villas ) will I lose all my fastpasses?

There’s a chance you’ll lose them. Disney will certainly send you an email stating they will be lost, and there have been reports of them being deleted; but there have also been reports of nothing happening to them at all.

I’d advise not cancelling the hotel until you’re within 30 days of all your FPP, additionally, some people are moving their reservations into the future (after your trip) with the belief that Disney may not recognize a cancellation. You can then cancel after your trip is over. Either way, your gambling if you do this even with these strategies.

1 Like

The policy is you will lose your fastpasses. Will it for sure happen, no one knows.

1 Like

Last November-December, I was booked at a Disney Springs hotel and booked 60-day FP through adding that booking to my MDE account. We likewise later decided on other arrangements. I cancelled with the Disney Springs hotel less than 30 days out and held my breath. Our fast passes remained and interestingly the hotel reservation also remained on my MDE account after being cancelled, all the way through our trip. Not sure if it would still work now, but did then.

Thanks for all the answers. I will not risk it. I miss value / moderate resorts in Disney with a kitchenette, Doubletree at least has the closest thing to a kitchen, I checked Walmart and Target, they have small toaster ovens very cheap, I will just buy one. Hope the hotel does not forbid me to use one.

1 Like

The rare time I stay in a hotel that doesn’t have breakfast I keep the toaster in a box in a bag. I clean it up and put it away after each time.

1 Like

Seriously? Even a regular simple toaster? I imagined that a toaster oven could be a bit of a stretch but a simple toaster?

1 Like

Out of sight and i have nothing to worry about. :woman_shrugging:t2: