What for spending $?

Wondering what other budget traveling folks are planning/have spent on “extras”… we are limiting souvenirs , and our entire trip is already paid for, including dining. We will be there for 5 nights. I’m panicking, envisioning not having enough $ and something that I didn’t account for comes up. What is the biggest “extra money” sucker? I know we have to tip, but not sure how much. …we have 5 ts meals. Anyone have insight?

Easiest thing for you to do it to look at the menus online guess what people will be eating, and then get 18 or 20 percent of that total. Remember alcohol is not included but you can pay for it out of pocket.

Easiest example, $30 per meal for 5 people = $150 times 20% - $30 tip

2 Likes

I think the majority of the extras for me is alcohol and tips. Tips are not only meals but bell services, DME, and mousekeeping as well. Also, although you are on the DP you never know when you will need that drink, right that second, and that will cost you as well. I must admit most of my extra money goes to the lounges.

1 Like

I am also curious how much extra I should bring for the two of us.

I would budget $20 for each TS meal, another $50 for all other tips, $50 for “just in case”, and $100 if planning any lounge nights, for two.

1 Like

Thank you so much @PrincipalTinker. You and @needaturkeyleg are always so quick to respond. I must be somewhat on the right track because I was thinking those lines as well.

1 Like

I am thinking for us at least $400 extra will be good since we will want to buy a few things and I want a few drinks.

2 Likes

Aww shucks, @AlwaysMouseTime that’s the fun of the forums. Helping get answers as quickly as possible.

I always estimate $30 per TS for a tip, $5 per day for Mousekeeping, $5 for Magical Express driver, especially if we arrive late and he loads the bags. Looking at the next trip, I’d better start saving now!! Actually, we make a deal with DMiL. We pay for the trip, she pays for airfare and tips.

1 Like

I usually average spending $10-$15 a day on tips when I eat table service meals. Those tips cover dining, drinks, and hotel (maid + bell deliveries) usually just for me, but I’ll occasionally pay for a meal or drinks for the people I’m traveling with.

For souvenirs and another other uncategorized expenses I average $135 per trip (including a 10% Annual Pass discount).

If you’re driving, then you might want to know my average fuel costs have been just under $20 (I’ve usually stayed on site, and my take one off-site excursion during each visit). Tolls are between $4.50 and $6.75, depending on which roads I drive going to/from the parks and where I stop for groceries.

1 Like