What Do You Like to See in a Trip Report?

Yeah I canNOT get the forum to cooperate! It’s both hilarious and pissing me off!

2 Likes

Technology. This is why the machines might win

But let’s keep fighting.

3 Likes

Scheduled screen breaks help- ish.

1 Like

Well… there is that, isnt’ there :wink:

1 Like
  1. The thing I appreciate most is completion. There’s another Disney board where reports
    A) Never get finished,
    B) Go on for months at a time.
    I’m sorry, but I think it’s arrogant to drag a five day trip on for five months. I stopped going on that board, despite being a member since ‘04. Haven’t noticed any of the above being a problem here.

2. Pictures. Because it’s WDW and I wanna see it.

3. I love reading TR’s, so write whatever you want to share. I’m here for it. But please give me the above. :blush:

7 Likes

Yes. I do.
I like people photos the most. I am decidedly more invested after I’ve seen someone’s face and family.

6 Likes

Would it make a difference for him if you posted it after the trip was over?

4 Likes

My plan is to start my TR with a shirtless photo at the MCO pool.

Eventually, when my ban is lifted, long, long after my trip. I might tell you how it went.

10 Likes

A shirtless photo.

10 Likes

One of the classes I’ve recently taught is Research Methods and Writing, and I think this might possibly be what I write on students’ papers the most :rofl::roll_eyes:

I know I am guilty of it too though!

6 Likes

I totally get the being public thing. I didn’t do a trip report after our last trip because we don’t share photos of the kids publicly and what’s the point without photos. I love that others do it and if I wish I could too, but I just don’t feel comfortable. First go around I honestly didn’t know this wasn’t a private forum, but now I know. Perhaps they could make a private trip report section just for members.

7 Likes

If you post in La Cava, it is locked only to forum members.

3 Likes

I work with a lot of scientists that could use a refresher in this course.

"The title needs to briefly state the main message of your slide, not a paragraph long, detailed explanation of everything you know about the topic! "

Well, I might not say it exactly like that, but I definitely want to!

4 Likes

@Bubblez Trip report or no trip report, just keep our liner meet at UOR (OI) on your radar!

2 Likes

Totally understand the privacy thing. I’m loose in sharing pics of myself. I tense on LIVE reports sharing exactly where I am in the moment. I wait until hours later to post location pics. If hubby were with me I would not think twice. (Something about being alone.)
However, I also realize if a modern day (social media) Ted Bundy wanted to stalk me there are other ways …
Speaking from a perspective of someone who is childless. No idea how I would handle that one.

5 Likes

Yeah your hesitation on that was evident. Understandable and why I opted to scuttle the idea of posting the liner meet photo.

3 Likes

I’m so excited! I wouldn’t miss it for anything!

1 Like

I think it’s great that people can do trip reports. I just never have time during or after my trip and I’m more private about family photos.

I like reading the food reviews and seeing those pics to help me decide which ADRs to get.

3 Likes

When I joined the forum and started reading trip reports, it was all about tips, tricks, food reviews, etc. But as time has gone on and I’ve had a few of my own trips and know a lot more, I’ve really loved seeing liners’ families and getting to know them better from the reports. That personal level has kept me coming back here. And totally understand those that are more private, as I am myself with family pics, but hope to reach an agreeable comfort level with DW to share more family stuff in the future.

14 Likes

At this point I feel like if there is a trip report I am following. I feel like the best trip reports have these things:
-Backstory before the trip
-pictures and especially food pictures
-consistency in timing. No huge 12-24 hour breaks or missing whole days.
-I only follow Disney World trip reports so if people are doing Universal on the same trip I zone out and skip that part.
-reports that give what goes wrong and not just the good things
-recaps of days if they are doing a live
-wrap up at the end

I feel like when reports hit a lot of
Those I am way more invested.

11 Likes