What do you do when you aren't busy planning your next Disney Trip

Definitely. I miss those days though!! The 21 year old is my only biological, the other 3 are steps, and I met them when they were 8, 10, and 12. So at least I didn’t have to do all those diapers!

3 Likes

Ha, yes, true!

2 Likes

Medical writer for academic journals, mom of 4 (bet you could have guessed) ages 16, 14, 9, and 7, volunteer basketball coach, and avid youth soccer fan/cheerleader/taxi driver. I love researching and planning for Disney in my spare time in 2-min intervals.

4 Likes

Real estate development (relatively small scale)

I have to mention that I am a second generation WDW planner - my father was the pioneer in our family. When I was a kid, about 35 years ago, we would go to WDW regularly and he would always study months in advance and make plans for the family. He had those large guide books back then and maps from previous trips. Used to love browsing those with him. This is what also sparked my interest in what I call engineerial travel. Thanks to him, I have always been obsessive planner.

Nowadays, I keep him up to date on my planning :slight_smile: whats crazy though is that he will remember a lot of things from 30 years back and will basically guide and give me tips :joy:

10 Likes

My mom is a geocacher too. Where do you live?

1 Like

I am a wife and mom to 1 girl. For disney money, I am a heart failure research coordinator.

3 Likes

We’re in MN. Wishing we could easily pick up a cache or two on our Disney trip, but there really aren’t any “in the bubble”

1 Like

I am a high school world history / world religions teacher. Mom of a seven year old disney lovin boy. However this year I’m doing some major looking at a career change. I AM BURNT OUT.

anyone hiring? lol.

3 Likes

What? I mean, you have such a cushy job with tons of financial benefits (umm…well, at least you get paid SOMETHING), great social opportunities (with teenagers), all kinds of time off (aside from school hours, weekends, evenings, and prep work done during the summer months…not to mention continuing education to keep your license current), on-going support from not only your local/state/federal government, and also the parents and school boards…I can’t IMAGINE why you’d be burnt out!

:wink:

9 Likes

Librarian!

Also mom to DS7 but DH gets all the taxi driver duties. He co-owns a record (vinyl) store and is able to be home after school. Although of course it’s pretty rare they’re actually at home.

5 Likes

I am the environmental engineer at a plant that makes engines, although my degrees were in chemical engineering. On the side, I am a drummer, audio/videophile, and most importantly
a dad of two 8 year old girls, one of which is mildlyon the autism spectrum. I read something about it a while ago that I’ll share here (maybe this isn’t the right place for it, but when is it ever?)

Being pregnant is kind of like planning a trip to Italy. Italy is cool and fast and there’s lots to see and do. You get so excited making all the plans of where you are going to visit and who you are going to see. You pack your bags, go to the airport and get on the plane. After the plane takes off, the pilot comes on and says that there is a change of plans and you are going to Holland instead. “Holland?” You think to your self. “That’s boring. I would never want to go to Holland. There’s nothing to do there.” And then you get to Holland and realize, it’s not any worse. Just different. But not in a bad way. Sure, it’s not as fast as Italy, but after being here a while, you decide Holland really isn’t that bad and you kind of like it here.

I wouldn’t change a thing. Plus, seeing her reaction on the Magic Carpets of Aladdin has made that ride have a very special place in my heart.

9 Likes

I have recently gotten into vinyl within the last 2 years or so. Vinyl is amazing. I am SOOOO jealous.

2 Likes

I’m planning my next vacation. I have a ton of camping gear (car camping, not backpacking) which I’ve collected since the time my kids were small for week-long camping vacations. We’ve camped mostly only on weekends, but we went to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park 2 years ago for a week in October for the fall colors and we’re going back this May/June to be there during the annual synchronous firefly event at Elkmont campground where every night, thousands and thousands of male fireflies synchronize their lights in a show for the females during their mating season. The forest goes from pitch black to completely lit up and back to black over and over again for a few hours every night in a rolling wave of light. It’s Mother Nature’s “Happily Ever After”! :smile:

Because I already have all the gear, this trip basically only costs us the camping fee… $20-$25 per night. Kinda makes the amount of money spent on Disney World :nauseated_face: a little more tolerable! :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m a former military intelligence professional (CTM) who is currently acting as a configuration manager for an Aerospace company. I’m also a wife and mother to two teenage girls (17 and 18).

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing about your daughter. You are among friends. For us, it was seeing our little guy’s reaction to Holiday Wishes (“This is so amazing! This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!” and he couldn’t stop hugging us throughout the show.) and watching him on the People Mover (his favorite ride, although Flights of Passage is right up there at the top!) We have had so many amazing experiences at Disney for all our children, but especially our son who is on the spectrum.

5 Likes

Here I am looking over what everybody does here and I am very impressed. Everybody on the board has a high profile job and here I am playing in the dirt!

4 Likes

My daughter doesn’t like fireworks. We went to see them, but my wife held her and she buried her head in my wife’s shoulder. But there’s not much else she doesn’t want to do.

My daughter’s favorite ride is the teacups. I enjoyed seeing her laugh when she was in my cup, but the smile I saw on her face on the Magic Carpets - that’s when I think it got real for her about what Disney World is about. And I got to see it first hand. The biggest smile I think she’s ever had.

3 Likes

I am retired…and I spend a lot of time playing in the dirt too. I call it gardening😉.

4 Likes

As far as I’m concerned, retired is the highest profile job of all. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My mom is going with us on this trip. There are a few virtuals in the parks and I think there are a couple at disney springs.

3 Likes