What do you bring inside the parks?

At a guess Flip Flops would be for Kali River Rapids which can be a very wet experience. Depending on your shoes & socks it could be soggy for awhile if they get soaked.

2 Likes

AHHHH! Yeah, that would make sense.

Well, I’ve got two options. I can take those things in, or end up buying them in the park. Taking them in saves me money. The only thing that takes up a lot of room is the 6 Brita bottles, but they are our biggest money savers. We take them in empty and fill them with free ice water from the parks. All of that stuff fits in one back pack. Originally, years ago, I thought o could just get water from the parks, but I found that no one liked the taste and would beg for something else. Brita bottles fixed that problem.

1 Like

we pack minimal, buy minimal and suck it up. Things don’t have to be 100% perfect 100% of the time. Its all part of it

Everyone has their own strategy that works for them. I think it’s great hearing how everyone does things and why they like it, as that saves me a couple of steps in the trial and error process.

3 Likes

My kids favorite ride is Kali River Rapids. If you get “lucky”, you will get drenched. I wear a poncho when I ride. My kids love to get wet, so they don’t. BUT no one likes wet squishy tennis shoes, so I have everyone put in flip flops before they ride. You would t believe the people who come off that ride and end up heading to the nearest store for shoes and clothes. Disney must make a killing off of the sales, lol!! Anyhow, we take the smallest, cheapest flip flops we can. We just change back to our tennis shoes when we are done riding. I have seen people carry grocery bags and put them over their shoes when they get on the ride as an alternative.

1 Like

Yep - my son had a Yak & Yeti sweatshirt and I had some new sandals that were a result of a “lucky” Kali River Rapids ride. :smile:

Lol! Yes! I find myself wishing that this ride was at Hollywood studios. I definitely would not wear a poncho if it was because it would not hurt my feelings to “need” to make a closing purchase at HS!

I would actually recommend the larger (gallon or more) zipper lock plastic bags as bag organizers. I used to always have them for the wet rides, but last summer I decided to put the entire contents of my small backpack in them.

I had a bag for wallets, one for sunscreen and other toiletries, and one for cameras and phones, plus some extra bags. I got everything for a family of five in there, no problem, and with a black backpack, everyone in the family was okay with carrying it. (Our kids were 12-15 on the trip, so no diapers and most of them held their own phones, though I usually had at least one kid’s phone and most of their money.) It kept our stuff dry and safe, and it made it super easy to unpack and repack the bag when we were going out, because like stuff was with like stuff.

The best part was the reaction of the security staff at the parks - instead of having to look through the bag, I pulled out my handful of bags, they could easily see what we had, and we got waved through quickly, usually with a nice comment about how easy we had made their job.

4 Likes