What do I need to know about cBR

Stayed there in September. Jamaica and Aruba are finished, others are still in progress I believe. We were in Jamaica and it was wonderful! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m curious about your experience with the various bus stops at CBR. I want to make the best room choices for transportation location to and from the park.

1. Do you know which bus station is the last to pick up before heading to the parks in the morning? I think Iā€™d prefer to get to the last stop on the route to maximize getting-ready time. Advice?
  2. If we get on at the last pick up on the morning route, are we risking a full bus we canā€™t get on?
  3. Coming back to the resort, do you know which stop is first? Weā€™re energetic enough to want to get off and walk through the resort back to our rooms (pretty lights reflecting on the water), but if the distance is excessive we might want to skip it and save our steps for the park.
  4. How awesome is it that this is my familyā€™s first trip and they still donā€™t know?

Thanks for this wealth of knowledge. Yā€™all have made this trip amazing and itā€™s still 86 days away!

Well, @thechindo, Iā€™m not sure that there are totally consistent answers here. I had always heard ā€“ and folks have said here that it was true in their experience ā€“ that Jamaica was always the first on and the first off. But that was definitely not our experience. We were sometimes the very last off, which was the worst at park closing at MK one night when the bus was packed and the drive back took twice as long, then we had to circle the resort.

The CBR buses come and go through the front gate, but there is also a second unmarked gate off of another road that they use to enter and leave as well. Also, bus drivers said things to us that make me think that whether or not they circle the resort depends on the instructions they are given from somewhere else. Sometimes they just pick up a load and go.

So I donā€™t know, Iā€™d say, just pick a room you like and take your chances. None of the walks are really that far from a busstop, and if traveling at a busy time, thereā€™s always the chance of having to standā€¦

Sorry I canā€™t be more helpful!

1 Like

Nothing to be sorry about. Thatā€™s great info. Thank you.