What do cheap soda drinkers do in the parks?

I knew this already but it just registered. There isn’t a Refillable Mug for sodas inside the parks ?!?!?!? We really enjoy that at Six Flags and Universal. So, what do cheap people do at Disney World? Can you bring in soda cans in a backpack? DH also likes Ice Tea so I suppose could we bring in little baggies of tea and stevia for him. Baggies of brown and white powdery stuff seems like something bag-checkers might object to.

You can bring it in. Even the drink powders. Just no glass.

2 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

We pretty much stick to water when in the parks, due to the high cost of drinks, with some rare exceptions.

I don’t see any issue with bringing in tea bags or stevia, particularly if they are labeled as such…meaning in packets.

I don’t think I’d want to lug around cans of soda, personally, but you can. @ninjasherrie’s suggestion to bring in drink powders (Crystal light, etc) is a good idea.

Bring a water bottle (preferably plastic, since metal will set off the metal detectors and force a bag check) in with you and fill it any time you are near a drinking fountain.

2 Likes

Lots of people just don’t drink water though.
But your point about bottles over cans is a good point

2 Likes

Our strategies for the two of us:
I bring in just one bottle of pop or iced tea for each of us in my light backpack (we stay onsite and take an afternoon break, where I can reload). I don’t mess with any cooler for that (less weight).
We use the individual plastic bottles, not cans, because they can be recapped after taking a few sips and last for hours.
We make frequent use of water fountains.
When we do take time for a meal, that’s when we order ice tea or a fountain drink for a serious amount of ice cold liquid.

2 Likes

We bring water bottles and crystal light flavor packets. I have had too many instances of not drinking enough water (because I’m not a fan) but suck down flavored water with no problem. I’ve actually been able to shift completely away from soda and just drink water this way.

3 Likes

I think you can also go into any counter service restaurant and asks for cups of ice water to go. its free!

4 Likes

We bring Britta water filter bottles to refill while at the park - the water without it tastes awful.

1 Like

I’m a soda addict…not proud, but it’s my only vice. (probably 6 - 10 each day - sometimes more on the weekend - all sugar free / “diet”) I already have 3 “emptied” on my desk and I’ve only been here for 2 hours. (I don’t drink coffee though)

I use those liquid concentrates like Mio or Crystal Light and add them into a reusable water bottle. They make all flavors - including tea. Try them out before you go

5 Likes

My internet twin! I am off the charts on addictive personality. But Diet Coke is my only addiction. I really miss the Splenda Coke.

DD has a Brita water bottle that we sometimes use too. But, then we couldn’t add the flavoring to that.
Does the swamp taste go away when you add the flavored stuff to unfiltered water?

2 Likes

I carry a Hydroflask insulated water bottle. I fill it w/ ice & water before leaving our resort. The ice lasts longer than the water (even in July!). Refills are done throughout the day from counter service for their “free” ice water.

While heavier than a plastic bottle, it stays cold forever and I feel like I am doing my part to reduce where I can. I either keep it in my messenger bag (pulling it out for screening) or clip it to the carbiner that usually have on the outside of my bag.

5 Likes

I love soda. Especially on vacation.

3 Likes

Cry and complain a lot :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not in my experience. I use bottled water for all of my drinking-water needs (including flavor additives and for making coffee).

2 Likes

I can totally relate.
Up until recently I could’ve joined in as a triplet.
I have just managed to kick a 14 month long addiction to Cherry Pepsi Max.
I don’t drink coffee, so that was my only source of caffeine, but oh my goodness it was a lot!!!

1 Like

I second this suggestion.

We bring two of these bottles and refill them with QS free ice water for drinks between meals.

1 Like

You can carry a metal water bottle through to avoid a bag check. Of course, you do have to remember to remove it from your bag.

1 Like

I’m a former soda addict, never drink it anymore though after a health crisis. We’d also just bring in 1 or 2 bottles (better than cans as you can close them up).

2 Likes

And if you happen to be in the Starbucks line anyways, their free water doesn’t taste swampy. Just be sure to order the big one or you get just a small water.

1 Like