What are your (non-ride) Must Dos for your trip?

We are…5 DAYS out! I am finalizing touring plans, packing and practicing walking 8 miles through crowds in 95 degree weather (I live in DC-that part is EASY).

Just as last minute add-ons…what are your must dos on your trip that exclude rides? I.e: walk through GF, pick-a-pearl in Epcot, dole whip, Mickey ice cream bar, etc.

1 Like

Ride the monorail. Dole whip. Picture in front of Cinderella’s Castle. Swim, swim, swim.

2 Likes

Ha, mine is pretty pedestrian: watching Wishes and the electrical water pageant from my balcony with a bowl of ice cream.

And at some point, get a mickey pretzel.

1 Like

Dole Whip Float, Monorail ride, Sitting on the hub grass people watching with an ice cream/snack

1 Like

Shop, of course.

We like to go into the Arrabas store in Disney Springs and watch the glass blowing. There’s also a store on Main Street in MK that does glass blowing. They sell blown glass and crystal. I forget what they are called, though.

If you have little girls, there’s also Bibbity Bobbity Boutique.

I buy the Memory Maker, so I spend a little time hunting down photopass photographers. I also take my own pictures. I like to see if I can get a few artsy ones, like the flowers or a different angle of the castle or something like that.

Mickey Bars for sure, but my kids also like the caramel popcorn. For my son, it’s practically his second breakfast. Well, at least it’s a veg, right?

1 Like

Get a Dole Whip, and a Mickey ice cream bar. Take a picture of the Cinderellla Castle from the ferry.

I’ve done the pick-a-pearl at Epcot, and it took FAR too long. I think they have a place in Disney Springs where you can do that, and you don’t have to have a park ticket to go there.

1 Like

Definitely Dole Whip and a Mickey Bar…
Ride the boats…even if you don’t have a specific destination…its relaxing, and you can see the other resorts…and see the monorail go by from the lake; or take the boats between HS and Epcot…
If you’re at POFQ or POR, ride the boat to DS
Wander DS…the Lego Store and the Disney Store are both great fun…
Take time to rest…find a bench and watch the crowd hurry past…
Finally: Margaritas in LaCava in Mexico and a perfectly pulled pint at Rose& Crown Pub…:grinning:

I like the Festival if Fantasy parade. I was never one for parades but i love this one. Well I am a sucker for the steampunk dragon

Looking for the hidden pascals bu the tinkle tower

I like the biat out to fort wilderness. Live trails end. But i also enjoy the glimpse if the old river country

2 Likes

We are 6 days out. The first thing we do every trip is a meal at Chef Mickey’s then hit MK. We also must get a dole whip and a Mickey head rice krispy treat for DD.

1 Like

We really enjoyed Club Cool at Epcot on our last trip. Yes, it’s a big Coke commercial, but it was fun to try all of the different sodas from around the world, and at no cost! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Watching Gaston interact with people - he is always a scream!
People watching by Rapunzel’s tower while charging my phone and eating something cold and delicious.
Sitting on a bench with my husband in France at twilight, listening to the soundtrack and holding hands.
Getting a sweet pretzel at bakery in Norway.
Asking Gitar Dan to make up a song about our family…but I read that he is no longer at the AK. Sadness!!

2 Likes

Electric water pageant at one of the resorts, check out Art of Animation. Miniature golf at summerwinterland

Boat rides, mini golf, shopping, people watching, visiting other resorts, snacking through WS and hunting for hidden Mickeys :grinning: