What are the Nails on a Chalkboard Things that your Non-Disney Loving Friends and Relatives Say About WDW

I enjoyed the remake of this series. I like the original, but I thought the remake was better.

1 Like

Anyone else get into Babylon 5 back in the late 90’s?

1 Like

Yup. A couple months ago I looked it up to see where the re-runs are showing. Looked like they were on Amazon Prime. I would like to watch the series again sometime.

Nice. Good to know, I’d like to rewatch all of that sometime as well. Would have been a good filler during covid isolation if I would have thought of it, but we rewatched all 9 SW movies (I guess I can’t say all 9 due to Solo and Rogue One) and a few Marvel movies at least. Getting good value out of Disney+.

2 Likes

I loved B5.

I started to watch the remake. It was a sex fest. Gave it up almost immediately as a result.

I feel like a heretic to say so, but I think the LOTR soundtrack is better than anything Williams gave us. That isn’t putting Williams down. He is amazing. But Shore’s score is second to none in my opinion.

Wrong, but I get what you’re saying. Shore’s score is fantastic. But no one can ever touch John Williams, especially Empire Strikes Back.

3 Likes

Overall, I agree. Williams is the king of themes, in particular. But the score, as a whole, I think LOTR is superb.

3 Likes

Valid take.

Interesting. I watched the entire series and I never thought of it that way. Through I remember the parts your are talking about.

We can be real friends now! LOTR is the best!!!
and to whomever brought up Battlestar Galactica. The redo is one of my fave shows of all time. It ends so well.

1 Like

and I’m still waiting on the rumors of a theme park or land dedicated to it. Maybe if Jackson starts making some of the The Simarillion into movies it’ll refresh it for everyone enough to warrant a theme park. There are so many good movies in the prequel.

Edit: I know The Hobbit is also the prequel but the prequel of it all…

1 Like

I move that we no longer even title threads, as the content no longer resembles the title after about a day and a half.

The ONLY negative is that I can’t always find where I last read something.

Now I want a sandwich. Painting my stairwell again tomorrow.

11 Likes

Remember The Brave Little Toaster? Where the house appliances go on a quest? That was the result of a bet at a writers convention. The author said that they were all formulaic writers and then spelled out the quest formula. He was loudly boo’ed. So he said what about this story? (and spelled out the Brave Toaster as the most unlikely application of the toaster) The other writers said that was ridiculous. He bet the crowd that he could get it published by the following convention. Not only did he, but they were making the movie.

Star Trek, though, doesn’t fall into that category. It is more of a western.

5 Likes

My brother and I watched The Brave Little Toaster so many times as kids. This backstory is really interesting!

I loved The Brave Little Toaster as a kid :joy:

Yeah, Star Trek isn’t a quest story focused on the Hero’s Journey / Transformation.
Like Indiana Jones, it’s adventure stories focused on an ordinary hero(s) tackling an external Big Bad.

1 Like

On the flipside - what annoying/odd Disneyphile habits do I have - my Disney-Indulgent Wife pointed out last night that I when I talk about the founder of Disney, I refer to him as “Walt”

3 Likes

Whatever happened to “Uncle Walt” . . .

:thinking:

3 Likes