What are people looking for in a "trip report?"

I’m just getting started here. I went to MK at a toddler, so I’m effectively a first timer. I’m taking DD for her 4th birthday. All of my comments should be filtered as someone who doesn’t know anything about Disney.

The great trip reports that I’ve read include the misses. The things that just didn’t work or were outright mistakes. Especially when the people are still having a great time. Not only does it take the pressure off to plan the perfect trip, it’s a good reminder that something will go wrong and it isn’t the end of the world.

15 Likes

Same for me and actually this is partly why I’m a bit hesitant about writing a report - I know it’s more interesting when you know a bit about (and can see) the person/people in question, so when I write one with just non-personal photos, I’m not sure if it’s interesting.

4 Likes

It is still interesting and worth it! There are other ways to inject personality. Randall almost never posts photos of himself, for instance, and his are some of the most popular reports on the forum.

4 Likes

I was about to post this but stopped half way through because I had to fix lunch.

3 Likes

I think it’s still interesting. I love to see photos of Disney even without people.

3 Likes

Completely agree! I love just seeing cool shots of Disney and meals and drinks. Makes me feel like I’m there along with the trip report author.

5 Likes