What am I missing about SWA opening new dates?

If we found nonstop roundtrip flights for about $200 a persom today, should we go ahead and book? $200 seems like a great deal and I am doubtful they will go lower. We will not be paying with points because we don’t fly very much. Should we go ahead and purchase or should we wait it out?

1 Like

@Yogisews that sounds cheap to me. We fly from KY and have always paid about $275.

Don’t know what airports you are flying between and when. If it was between San Francisco and Orlando, $200 round trip would be a steal! My round trip airfare between SFO and MCO, December 14-24, is just over $400 per person!

We want to fly nonstop from Austin to Orlando at the end of April. Since we don’t fly much we don’t know much about purchasing this far in advance vs. waiting until 30-90 days before. These flights are not bad timewise either. We also found decent round trip flights from jet blue but I don’t know that airline at all.

@kellybelle posted on Lines she got flights from Dallas for $340 round trip and she was happy. Don’t know for when exactly. Day of the week matters too.

I would think $200 round trip from Austin in April would then be a good price. Easter is on April 12 and schools tend to be out the week before or the week after Easter. Don’t know for certain because I don’t fly out of Austin.

When I fly other airlines, I look for direct flights at convenient times. I watch it for a bit and compare on something like kayak, then I just go for something that meets my criteria and appears reasonable. Once I book, I don’t look anymore because I can’t change it. My family does not enjoy flying SWA across the country.

That’s the best I have to offer. Good luck!

1 Like

Hello! We are flying May 14th ($170) and May 28th ($170), both Thursdays. I should disclose that I paid cash for the outbound and used points for the return flights. Anytime my one ways are $1xx, I’m happy. I won’t pull the trigger on a $200+ one way :slight_smile:

1 Like

And I check regularly (several times a day) for a price drop, so I can get a credit or points back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Check the post for more responses that may help you out.

I am a big fan of JetBlue as well. I wouldn’t hesitate to fly them. I usually price out both JetBlue and Southwest and go with whichever is less expensive.

1 Like

It really depends largely on your market. For my airport (DSM) there are rarely deals/sales. The price yesterday for my dates (4/20-4/28) and the times I want to fly were good so I booked. I am not usually flexible on times - I want to arrive by early afternoon on arrival day and depart mid-day on departure day. I will keep checking a couple of times a day for lower fares and get a credit if they drop even a few dollars. I watch the fares for my airport and about $169 one way is about as low as they get with one stop. If you’re willing to do two stops they go a bit lower - ~$139. I’ve maybe once or twice seen $99. Some go as high as $400 (one way) for Wanna Get Away.