We've been brainwashed

sooo, We went in June for the first time FOR THE KIDS. My husband was ANTI DISNEY, doesn’t like crowds, kids, rides, pools etc. literally his worst nightmare is putting him through this trip. He jokingly complained abot how much he was going to hate this week. WelI…WE can’t stop thinking about it and am desperate to go back. :flushed::flushed: never in a million years did I think I would prefer it over a beach trip. Now I’m like “a beach trip, what are we gonna do??” Boring! They do something to you there. Subliminally make you LOVE it. It’s bizarre. And you forget the bad stuff. It’s like when ladies give birth somehow you forget how bad labor was. Me and my husband are obsessed with talking about our trip. We have literally been brainwashed. I don’t even know what to do about a beach trip for 2018. Lol. We are Definitely doing Disney 2019!

24 Likes

This makes me feel good. I’m a little worried about my DH being a sourpuss and want him to fall in love, too. He knows it’s a big deal to me and the kids, but thinks of it more as something to go along with than something he can’t wait to do. Fingers crossed he’s similarly enchanted when we go.

1 Like

My husband was DREADING going to Disney but, on the very first night of our trip, he asked if we could move there. Haha. He has since pushed us to plan two more Disney vacations in as many years!

7 Likes

Wow, the thing is there is something for everyone. He enjoyed totally different things than I did, or the kids. And the scenery everywhere is just breathtaking. The things he noticed were so different than my experience. But of course I was the planner and directing so while I was staring at maps and itineraries he was just enjoying the sites, sounds, smells etc.

2 Likes

Haha! I love this post!

My husband is much more fun in the World. In fact, having gone with our kids at least 6 or 7 times, (they are now both in college) we are going for the first time without those pesky kids for what has grown from 4 days to 7 right after we drop the youngest off at college. LOL

Yeah, they do something to you. <3

4 Likes

I think they pump nitrous oxide through the parks! Makes us all feel euphoric and want to relive that after we go home! :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ve been going for years now… It was our family tradition to go around Christmas time… where all decorations are up and everything… I just crave the feeling when I enter the magic kingdom and then it all hits me, the background music, the smell and the overall happiness in everyones faces… magical feeling!

2 Likes

Seriously, Disney is the master at making the environment on their properties so perfect and so exciting that you’d have to be nuts to not want to return. I mean, they must be doing something right if they can keep raising prices year after year and the parks are still packed day after day.

I don’t feel this way about Six Flags, I’ll tell you that much!

2 Likes

We loved it. Second time for us.

My daughter is going to apply to do a year working in UK pavilion at Epcot

1 Like

They really do don’t they? Love my Disney trips!

1 Like

We took my dad (and his side of the family) to WDW for the first time for his birthday a few years ago. I was sooo nervous beforehand - he really wasn’t interested in Disney at all and I think he just wanted to see what the heck it was we actually did there so often (we’ve been DVC members since 2003). Well, he absolutely loved it and couldn’t stop raving about it! We also spent two days at Universal and one at SeaWorld. After the first Universal day I asked him what he thought. His response? Well…it’s not Disney, is it… They joined us again a couple of years ago and he’s started talking about how it must be “Disney Time” again soon…definite convert! :grin:

2 Likes

Ha! That is so true! And there is no way to explain it to someone who hasn’t felt the transformation. Welcome to the club! :smile:

3 Likes

Fingers crossed my DH will have the same experience. It was like pulling teeth to get him to agree to this trip. He does not like to travel and Disney World is the epitome of everything he dislikes. I don’t even know what I would do if he had that kind of response!!!

And the cool thing is, you can still take that beach trip to Cocoa beach if you rent a car. And, you can go to Typhoon Lagoon which we did for the first time last week. When asked, “Which did you like more, the beach or Typhoon Lagoon?” The kids said Typhoon Lagoon (of course, it’s a lot more pricey, though.)

Shhhhh… doesn’t matter what they did to us @cervonil. Just enjoy it. And welcome to the club!

2 Likes

My FIRST EVER trip to WDW was last year with only my husband and I! Our kids are 21 & 23! We have enjoyed several cruises just the two of us, and Disney was my hubby’s idea. I reluctantly agreed…secretly wishing for another cruise! Nothing could’ve prepared me for how much we both loved that trip! We had a blast and talked about returning in a couple of years…:roll_eyes: We are going back this fall!!! I cannot wait!

1 Like

Yes! Same for us! We went as a family in 2015, split stay AoA and YC, and had an amazing family trip. We still talk about going back (only waiting because as non-Americans we’re waiting for the political situation to simmer down a little.)
@freenottingham, my most important suggestion is to build in “down time” for your husband: ESPN sports bar at the Boardwalk, hanging in the hotel lounge or by the pool, just time to chill in the room. And dumping the kids off at a Pirate Cruise one morning. Those things all made it awesome for everyone, especially DH. :slight_smile:
Happy planning!

4 Likes

As you know @mossymom, I’m non-US too. Now you’ve got me worried. What do you fear might/could/would happen??? :anguished:

I thought I would be dragging my husband. He called it “a once in a lifetime trip” because he never planned on returning. In the middle of day one he said, “so when we come back next time”. We were hooked. He says we will never go anywhere else as long as the kids are happy.

1 Like

Omg this is my husband too…hates theme parks crowds and Disney is a bit blah! We are going in may 2018 I am the planner. …he is letting me spend the money and organise the whole thing…no input other than he wants to go to clearwater and Kennedy space station which we will squeeze in around universal and and Disney. Kids get told at Xmas. …kids you have a crappy present because we are saving for wdw!
Did he need many rest days between the parks? How did you pace him lol?