We're redesigning our WDW dining page. Help us improve it!

1. Character Dining / Menu / Location

2. How large it REALLY is - / ADR - 180 day / FastPass

I agree with this one. It is helpful to know in advance that Beaches & Cream doesn’t take ADRs for groups over 8. Or any other situations like that.

2 Likes
  1. I want to know price, ratings/reviews, and type of cuisine. Maybe in park vs resort.

2. There are different types of dining (QS, Table Service, Signature, Lounges), short overview of dining plan (with option to learn more if it might be for you), special considerations because it is Disney - character dining, Special dining events and a packages

1. Menu, price, location
  2. Difference between QS, TS, and Signature. Although I don’t use it, probably the DDP and it’s options. Perhaps a consolidated list of what characters are available at which restaurants.

Price, location, menu, reviews.
I would say it’s expensive! Bring snacks and only pay for meals/snacks you really want. we make a list of meals/snacks we really want and spread them out over the course of our vacation…it makes it fun and leaves more money for extras. (This trip the extra was supposed to be Cirque du Soleil :cry:)

As someone who lives with 3 vegetarians, I think it would be helpful to highlight the plant based options. The official Disney site is dreadful for this and many restaurants are just as bad for not catering for non-meat eaters. If at a glance you can see a green leaf on a menu, this would give an instant indicator as to how well they would be catered.

It’s getting better, but there’s still some way to go to cater for all sorts of preferences.

2 Likes

I’m thinking ideally there would be some kind of filters people could toggle on and off for their specific dietary needs/preferences, since there’s quite a variety of possible variations it would get quite cluttered trying to display all kinds of icons. With maybe a count of items that qualify overall. Quite an undertaking though.

Agreed. It might get tricky (an understatement!) to design the page to have all the possible combinations of toggling. I guess it depends how comprehensive the page will be. If it wishes to cater for fishy types, veggies, then vegans, then all the myriad of allergens then it may be an impossible ask.

1 - Location, menu, price
2 - How far in advance you can make an ADR, probably DDP info

Q1:

1. dietary restrictions, for allergies
  2. menu
  3. location

I like that the current system allows for a search of an item, like “fried calamari” for example. It would be awesome if that same system could be used to filter for specific & multiple dietary restrictions.

Q2:

1. the difference between TS and QS
  2. how much time to allocate in their touring plan to eating
  3. how the dining plan works and whether it is cost effective
1 Like

Good suggestion. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for feedback! If anyone else wants to chime in please feel free. I’ll be watching this thread.

I am usually looking for opinionated content that is easy to follow up on.

So I would start with “Best QS at MK” -> identify top 3 (food/price/theming)-> look for menus to see price and options -> search for photos of dishes that interest me.

I would then try to figure out how hard it would be to get seating, if mobile ordering is available and efficient, how long should I expect eating to take.

Menu

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

Here’s the updated dining page using feedback from your replies. Take a look and let us know what you think:

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/dining_test

We’re hoping it answers questions of first time and long timer visitors, or points them to a page that will answer their questions.

Some example of the questions we’re hoping this page answers:
What kind of restaurants are there in WDW?
whats the best table service restaurant in EPCOT?
How much does the Disney Dining Plan cost per a day?
How does mobile ordering work?

Let us know if you can think of any others.
Thanks for your help everyone!

1 Like

Will someone check the content?

Homecomin is not a resort restaurant and the description is wrong?

Menus WITH allergy menus where available!

It would also be great if there was a searchable guest review section and the common allergens were keywords - for example, if I gave my review of a place, I could check “Gluten-free” and thus anyone interested in the gluten-free experience could make that a parameter in their search. I’m not sure if that’s too complicated or not though. But it would be amazing!!

1 Like

Sorry, copy and past error. That’s supposed to be Boma.

1 Like